Problem with latest update

exactly!! I have the same problem after i have updated the new version!!

Totally unusable now!!!

What videos are you referring to? Videos transferred from the iOS device to the iXpand? If so it seems in the latest version the app is renaming the files for some reason. 

No I’m transferring from the Ixpand to the ios. It’s normal video files… files that it handled totally easily up to the last update. To be precise the update before this had another problem: the videos would not turn in landscape. Yesterday I updated the app and the video are now turning in landscape but the name is gibberish after transfer to the iphone. Anyone has any idea?

by normal video do you mean that is was shot on the iphone? If not what type of file is it and what is the source of the video?

I suspect the same file rename issue occurs when transferring from iOS device to iXpand or from iXpand to iOS device. 

Videos that two days ago the app view correctly… mainly mkv or avi. Nothing shot with the iphone. I’ve contacted Sandisk and I’m waiting for their answer… hopefully they’ll realize they need to fix this bug

it seems that avi and mkv are no longer supported in the iXpand drive app. they released a video playback app called topreel. you should get a coupon code to get it for free when you try to play one of those videos. 

the renaming of the file seems to only happen when you copy or transfer the file using the ixpand drive app. i tested and it happens to me when i transfer a file to or from the ixpand. I opened a ticket with their support as well. 

Yes I downloaded top reel but I’m frankly perplexed… am I missing something here or top reel only works if the ixpand drive is connected to the phone? Can it be used to see files that have been copyied in the app?

all my photos and video’s name became a string of random letters and numbers instead of the title!!

@belanna84 wrote:
Yes I downloaded top reel but I’m frankly perplexed… am I missing something here or top reel only works if the ixpand drive is connected to the phone? Can it be used to see files that have been copyied in the app?

topreel can only see them if they are on the ixpand. 

For that I found a solution. If you open top reel where you see the list of all the videos on the drive you can slide each one (one by one) from right to left exposing some symbols. One of them looks like a down facing arrow. Click on it and the file will be transferred to the app. If you take out the drive you’ll still be able to see it

awesome. thanks for letting us know. 

I had a reply from customer care. Basically they acknowledged the bug and said they are working on it but don’t know if (or when) the renamed files will come back to the original name. At least I hope next version of the app won’t have all these problems.

Hi,

I’m not sure if anyone else has this problem. I’ve just updated the iXpand Drive app.

I own an iXpand mini flash drive.

After updating the app, i’m not able to copy my photo and video files into the drive.

Each time i click on copy files and ‘Copy Photos from Phone’, it tries to load and then just jumps out of the screen.

Is there a bug there? I’ve checked my iPhone and under photos, i’ve allowed iXpand to access it. So it shouldn’t be an issue here.

Kindly advice as I need to back up my photo and video files.

1 Like

How do you get to customer care?

@belanna84 wrote:
I had a reply from customer care. Basically they acknowledged the bug and said they are working on it but don’t know if (or when) the renamed files will come back to the original name. At least I hope next version of the app won’t have all these problems.

I contacted sandisk support as well and apparently this is not a “bug” this is by design in the latest update. They did confirm that they would forward the complaints to the development team but did not have any information if or when this may be changed back to the way it worked before. 

@cacky wrote:

Hi,

I’m not sure if anyone else has this problem. I’ve just updated the iXpand Drive app.

After updating the app, i’m not able to copy my photo and video files into the drive.

Each time i click on copy files and ‘Copy Photos from Phone’, it tries to load and then just jumps out of the screen.

Is there a bug there? I’ve checked my iPhone and under photos, i’ve allowed iXpand to access it. So it shouldn’t be an issue here.

If you are seeing app crash issues I would suggest contacting sandisk support directly and submit the logs from the app so they can try to find what is causing the issue. 

@drlucky wrote:

@cacky wrote:

Hi,

If you are seeing app crash issues I would suggest contacting sandisk support directly and submit the logs from the app so they can try to find what is causing the issue. 

hi … how do i contact sandisk?

wrote:

hi … how do i contact sandisk?

https://www.sandisk.com/about/contact

Same problem here!
It is still working on my ipad but not on my iphone 6s.
I have tried uninstall and reinstall the app and restarting my phone but problem is still there. Hope there is a solution for this.

@huijiun wrote:
Same problem here!
It is still working on my ipad but not on my iphone 6s.
I have tried uninstall and reinstall the app and restarting my phone but problem is still there. Hope there is a solution for this.

What’s your iOS? My iOS is still on 10 and i suspect the app update is incompatible.