IXpand 128G iTunes album artwork issues and more

I just purchased a 128G iXpand and I’m having issues using it. I have a fairly large iTunes libray, much of which I loaded from CDs onto my computer. All of my music has artwork associated with it and that artwork works fine when I use it with iTunes or the IOS music player. The iXpand app on my IOS device seems to have no problem with artwork for music loaded to my IOS device with iTunes. However, for music loaded onto IXpand the artwork is hit or miss. I can’t figure out why. It seems to work better for album artwork that I install rather than iTunes finding artwork on its own, but that may not always be the case. It also seems to have a strange alogrighm for creating thumbs, i.e. it starts doing it , it stops, I restart the app and it does it some more. I have no idea what it’s doing.

Is there a clear, step by step guide detailing how to transfer music from iTunes to iXpand including artwork?

Another problem I have is that GENRES don’t work for music I load onto iXpand - it just says “unkown genre”. For music on the ios Genres seem to work but for individual songs is there a way to find albums by genre?

I think I put this in the wrong place. It’s the 3.0 USB iXpand that I have.