Hang up's and freezes when copying, moving and transferring photos

Thanks.  I’m going to do some further checking.  Although you may be correct re the iCloud Photos library I’m going to see what the “screen optimized” version that’s on the iPad versus the original version that’s in the iCloud Photos library (comparing file sizes).

Here are a couple of updates to my situation…

1. I was using an iPad Air (1st generation) for my initial test where I had the hang up’s etc.
  2. I tried again just a few minutes ago with my iPad Pro (new) and had NO problems in regards to transferring, copying and moving.  Based on this, I’m going to go back to my iPad Air and try again.
  3. With the iPad Pro everything just happens faster.  The display of my IOS photos (30,000+) after you press the “+” button on the bottom of the iXpand screen took approx 1:25 to show on the iPad Air (A7 chip) versus only :31 to show on the iPad Pro (A9 chip and 4x the RAM).
  4. And yes - I am using version 1.6.1 of the app.  Versions prior to this would allows crash back to the home screen when I pressed the “+” button.
  5. I tried the iXpand on my Mac with public beta 7 of the latest OS and transferred, moved and copied files including the movie “Animal House” (2.5GB+).  The movie played perfectly on my iPad Pro - no stuttering - great picture and sound from within the iXpand app.