Delete from iPhone after sync

I have just downloaded approx 1250 photos and 250 short videos to the drive but they have not been automatically deleted from my iPhone even though I selected this option from the app menu. They are still visible on my iPhone and I really need to free up the space.
Is there any way that I can remove them now?
A step by step idiots guide would be really appreciated as I am not very confident with technology. Bought this device as it seemed an easy solution to my iPhone storage problem! Many thanks.

They are easy enough to delete directly from your iPhone.

Open up your Photos app on the phone & indicate the “Album” that contains the files you want to delete.

Tap the blue Select in the upper right-hand corner. Then select the photos, videos, etc. you want to delete by tapping the thumbnails; there will be a little blue checkmark in the lower right-hand corner of the image.

Now press the blue icon of the trash can in the lower right-hand corner of the screen. A bar will raise from the bottom of the screen with an option to Delete Photo or Cancel.

Press Delete Photo. Your selected files will now be moved to the album entitled “Recently Delected” where they will reside for for up to 40 days (in case you wish to retreive them). If you’re sure you don’t want them and wish to free up spoace on your phone immediately, again press the blue Select in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Then press the Delete All button in the lower left-hand corner.

Confirm you wish to delete and BAM . . . they’re gone!

Hope this helps! :smiley:

If you want to delete photos and videos from iPhone to free up the space, you can try iPhone Data Eraser tool. It can delete contacts, messages, photos, videos, apps, account info, passwords and other personal data stored on iPhone to free up the space.

Is there a way to set the default back to “delete” after copy if you turned it off??

1 Like

Like the sync the data from phone to other phone , after you done , you can delete the iphone data , as you say , you want to free up space , there is a common practice, free up iPhone space by removing iPhone everything , 

I have the iXpand mini I flash drive and was hoping to use that option to delete all photos. The user manual says after files are copied, a pop up will ask to delete all photos. That did not happen. I would like to,use this option as opposed to having to select one photo at a time.

I am having the same issue and need some help!

1 Like

you only get the delete all option if you use the auto backup feature. if you are manually transferring it will only give you the option to delete what you transfer. 

Also you do not need to make a post then reply to your own post saying you also have the problem. 

Before selling your old iPhone or iPad device,you must to  erase all data from iPhone/iPad,or wipe deleted contents on iPhone permanently, in order to keep your personal data safe! However,you may need to erase iPhone data, such as text messing, social networking, payment and business. So when we start to think selling the old device for a new one, the first thing we need to consider seriously is how to prevent our personal information being leaked,and  how to erase data from iPhone/iPad permanently before selling.

as we all know ,deleting some unless data is the only way to free up space for iPhone.

@maiss wrote:

As we all know ,deleting some unless data is the only way to free up space for iPhone.

My family has used this tool to delete something from iPhone,very fast.

https://www.safewiper.com/ios-data-eraser.html

@maiss wrote:

as we all know ,deleting some unless data is the only way to free up space for iPhone.

If you mean deleting data is the only way to free up space for iPhone,but some deleted data can’t disappear from the iPhone immediately.

I have learned that free up space your iPhone in 20 minutes.just with this https://www.safewiper.com/ios-data-eraser.html .

@pakert wrote:

@maiss wrote:

If you mean deleting data is the only way to free up space for iPhone,but some deleted data can’t disappear from the iPhone immediately.

Android and iPhone are 2 different phone devices,if you want to delete some photos from Android,just select those photos and click"Delete"button,and one those photos are deleted from Android,you will never find them again.But for iPhone,after you delete them,you can still find them on iPhone.

@bryannarios wrote:

Android and iPhone are 2 different phone devices,if you want to delete some photos from Android,just select those photos and click"Delete"button,and one those photos are deleted from Android,you will never find them again.But for iPhone,after you delete them,you can still find them on iPhone,best done with SafeWiper.

Updated:To delete iPhone photos or other data without recovering,you need to permanently delete them from iPhone,only in this way can you achieve your goal.

Hello, I had the same problem. Just got off chat with sandisc service. All I had to do was delete app then reinstall. It worked!!!

1 Like

Thank you! This worked! I will make sure I do not disable that function again. I have been searching for days on how to enable that feature! LOL