iPhone X with 11.1.2

I have mailed the support team. Hopefully they have an upgraded firmware ready for the new phones. Kind of ■■■■■ to not have the stick working.

Btw, 8+ also has the same issue. Found another thread here. 
http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-iXpand-USB-3-0/Iphone-8-plus-compatibility-problem/td-p/363964 

If you are seeing the message in the post above it is a hardware incompatibility issue and the iXpand will need to be replaced. If there is no form available for the region you live please contact SanDisk support directly to get a warranty replacement. 

Thanks. Should I email them on any address?
Not sure how exactly to start the RMA process?

you can open a support request using the link below.

https://kb-eu.sandisk.com/app/ask/ 

Cheers. I have submitted a request now.

I have a new iphone x and i have the same problem.  Fail and reconnect is the message. I got a new one from my store, but it is the same problem.  I have ios 11.1.2.  I hope sandisk and apple can fix the issue soon…

regards from norway.

You will have to get your stick replaced with Sandisk. 
Speak with the support and they will assist with the RMA. 

Okey. I prefer go back to my store and repleaced. Thanks for your respons! 

@kjeaka wrote:

Okey. I prefer go back to my store and repleaced. Thanks for your respons! 

It is unlikely that the store where you purchased the product will have the new hardware in stock which is required to resolve the issue. We would request that you request an RMA through SanDisk technical support to ensure you receive a replacement that will work with the iPhone X. 

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I can confirm that it’s a firmware issue and not hardware or iPhone X problem.

In total I had bought 3 iXpand USB 3.0 drives, and one of them works perfectly fine on the iPhone X. At the beginning I bought a 128GB for myself and a 64GB for my busniess partner. The 64GB one didn’t work, so I returned it and bought another 128GB since the first 128GB worked. However, to my surprise the second 128GB I received didn’t work.

So I connected both drives and check the differences, the first 128GB I received had a firmware version 2.60.115.88, while the second 128GB had version 2.60.103.88. But if you use the Sandisk firmware update tool it will not update the firmware to 2.60.115.88, for some reason the tool will say 2.60.103.88 is up to date. I don’t know if I’m lucky to get one drive that came with 115.88 out of the blue, but I hope Sandisk can update their server soon.

Another difference I noticed is the “Card Type”, the first 128GB is type 2, while the second is type 3, I thought they were supposed to use the same type of card for an identical product? Anyone knows the difference between type 2 and 3 cards?

For the record, my iPhone X is running the latest iOS 11.1.2.

:smiley:

1 Like

Had the same issue. Contacted support and they shipped me a new unit. All good now. Must say that the support team is excellent and really responsive.

@xyzxyz wrote:

Please check my post on the other thread.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-iXpand-USB-3-0/iPhone-X-with-11-1-2/td-p/364188/page/2

I believe it’s a firmware issue with the iXpand drive, because I have one that works perfectly fine on both iPhone X and 8 Plus running the latest iOS 11.1.2. The working iXpand drive came with firmware version 2.60.115.88, while the other two that didn’t work came with version 2.60.103.88.

This is not a problem with the FW version. It is a hardware issue related to the card that is used in the product. Type 3 cards are affected by the issue and the devices that use these cards will need to be replaced. Please contact SanDisk Support for a warranty replacement. 

I have the same problem with iPhone X

iXpand is detected and I was able to copy the stock photos in the iXpand to iPhone X

However when selected to Copy from Phone to iXpand it promts RMA form.

I was told by the customer support to file RMA and send to Hong Kong.

I went straght to the SanDisk store in Taipei and got a replacement, but same problem still occur and it is a Type 3 card.

So if Type 2 card is the key to work with iPhone X.

Is there any way we can findout from the packaging Serial or Model number that the unit is using Type 2 card?

You will need to get the replacement from sandisk RMA. Fill out the RMA form and follow the return instrucitons there. they will replace it with a version that will work with the iPhone X

Thanks for the reply.

I am looking for a much faster way to replace in store if possible like 

the previous comment from xyzxyz when he bought he had Type 2 and Type 3 cards.

I am going on a trip in a week and RMA will take about 2 weeks.

Customer service didnt even provide the Hong Kong RMA contact number and name.

Still waiting for the response for over a week!

So if there is a way to find out if the unit in Retail store is a Type 2 or Type 3 I can go get it replaced there.

Quick 10min drive.

Fair game to customer services team. If you provide all the necessary documentation, your RMA is complete in less than a week. They are really responsive and supportive.

Fix available for Iphone X and iOS 11.1.2:

To All… I was having the same problem using a 256GB iXpand USB 3.0 Drive.  I bought it a week ago.  It worked with my Ipad Pro but did not work with my Iphone X (both using iOS 11.1.2).  The ipad pro could transfer files from both the drive and the ipad.  My Iphone X would recognize the drive and would read files from the drive but I’d get the same error everyone else was getting when I tried to transfer files from the phone to the drive.  I  had the following setup:  App version 4.4.6.   iXpand Drive SDK v107_223.  Drive Firmware ver 2.60.103.88.  File System exFat.  The card type is 3.

Sandisk pushed an update to the App on Tuesday on the Apple App Store.  After the update, I now have App version 4.5.  iXpand Drive SDK v107_223.  Drive firmware version 2.60.132.80.  File system exFat.  Card Type 3.    After the update the drive works fine with my iPhone X (was able to transfer files from the iPhone X to the card and  I can use it directly with the camera), Ipad Pro, and my PC.

Note, it still is card type 3.  I do believe it is a firmware problem since it now works for me.  Give the update a try before you send back your drives via RMA.

• C

@slotmonsta wrote:

This is not a problem with the FW version. It is a hardware issue related to the card that is used in the product. Type 3 cards are affected by the issue and the devices that use these cards will need to be replaced. Please contact SanDisk Support for a warranty replacement. 

By any chance you know the difference between type 2 and 3 cards? Is type 3 supposed to be faster? If Sandisk has fixed it through software and firmware like creese mentinoned, then I’d love to get the type 3 card version instead for better performance. Smiley Very Happy

For the record, the iXpand Updater provided by Sandisk isn’t showing any new firmware version even though it seems like creese has a newer version 2.60.132.80. Smiley Sad

@creese wrote:

Fix available for Iphone X and iOS 11.1.2:

To All… I was having the same problem using a 256GB iXpand USB 3.0 Drive.  I bought it a week ago.  It worked with my Ipad Pro but did not work with my Iphone X (both using iOS 11.1.2).  The ipad pro could transfer files from both the drive and the ipad.  My Iphone X would recognize the drive and would read files from the drive but I’d get the same error everyone else was getting when I tried to transfer files from the phone to the drive.  I  had the following setup:  App version 4.4.6.   iXpand Drive SDK v107_223.  Drive Firmware ver 2.60.103.88.  File System exFat.  The card type is 3.

Sandisk pushed an update to the App on Tuesday on the Apple App Store.  After the update, I now have App version 4.5.  iXpand Drive SDK v107_223.  Drive firmware version 2.60.132.80.  File system exFat.  Card Type 3.    After the update the drive works fine with my iPhone X (was able to transfer files from the iPhone X to the card and  I can use it directly with the camera), Ipad Pro, and my PC.

Note, it still is card type 3.  I do believe it is a firmware problem since it now works for me.  Give the update a try before you send back your drives via RMA.

• C

That’s great to know. I’m still trying to find out the difference between type 2 and 3 cards, but for some reason I still couldn’t find any information on type 3 card. :laughing: