Voice memo

I have not been able to transfer voice memo to ixpand. When ever I follow the usual steps of selecting the voice memo file and share with ixpand, the ixpand display “0 files being copied”, why is that?

I just tried and was able to copy a 24min recording and a 2 min recording to the ixpand with no issue. I have an iPhone 10s iOS 12.1 and ixpand drive version 5.0.6.

what are the steps you are using that are failing? what iphone and ios version do you have? do you see the same issue with a new recording or is the issue only happening with specific recordings?

3 years later but the “0 files copied” thing happens when there is a colon (“:”) in the name of the voice memo. i think by default apple names these as 10/10/20 10:25 AM, so if you try to save it without renaming the file, you get a directory (folder) created on the USB drive instead of the file.

the “:” is a reserved character in the old Mac OS 9 and it seems like apple had to carry that forward to OSX because OSX also uses HFS. it delineates folder names.

so short story is rename your voice memos to not have a colon in the name and you’ll be able to save them.