Sandisk Ixpand Drive 3.0: Backup from Iphone 6 to drive stops backing up causes aplication to reboot

Hello,

I have an Iphone 6 with about 10000 photos and videos I’d like to backup onto Ixpand drive 128GB

Drive is recognized properlly, backup starts with scan for new piuctures than saves a few photos/video than Sandisk application self-reboots , scan for new picture, backups few pictures (sometime not any) than loops indefinitively.

Iphone 6 IOS version is 11.0, Sandisk Ixpand version 5.0.6,

Wifi is shutdown and phone is in Plane mode, Icloud Library is turned OFF and all picture are visible in roller mode, not any other application than Ixpand is running.

After several hours, (not forgeting to charge battery) and saving picture one by one, I’m now stucked without saving any picture, keeps rebooting Ixpand application.

Iphone reboot doesn’t helps to make backup to resume the remaining 6259 pictures I have to save.

Seems I’m not the fisrt one reporting such behavior but I’havent’ found the cleu to achieve my goal, secure my Iphone.

What would Sandisk recommends to do in such situation ?

Hello,

Back again after several hours and just few tens of picture saved.

A true Night mare that I’m wondering if the saved picture are even reliable backups I can trust.

I have App 5.0.6 with SDK V115_V225 Firmware 2.60.133.80 and Card Type 3.

After surfing on forum, Cards Type 3 seems very popular for comparable unreliable issues.

Thanks in advance for your help, support and advices.

card type 3 is not unreliable however it is incompatible with iphone 8, 8+, and X. You can get a replacement from sandisk support with a device that will work with the phones listed above. 

that being said if the iXpand is working properly with a computer or other device it is not likely the issue you are having is related to the card in the ixpand. 

are you using auto backup or manually copying files? If using auto backup try manually copying the files and see if the same issue occurs. if so transfer in smaller batches and see if the transfer fails on some particular files. I had an issue similar to your once and it turned out to be a corrupted picture in the camera roll. once i deleted that picture the transfer worked without issue. 

1 Like

Hello

I do use Auto Backup and haven’t tried manual copy.

Application hangs with reboot but when copied after reboot and retrials, Pictures are properly copied so I’m sure this is not a matter of corruted pictures.

I do not imagine copying by small batches so many pictures.

I have tried on a second Iphone6, and I get similar experience.

Any idea How to get and proceed with replacement ?

Wifi is shutdown and phone is in Plane mode, Icloud Library is turned OFF and all picture are visible in roller mode, not any other application than Ixpand is running.

@britany wrote:
Wifi is shutdown and phone is in Plane  protonmail   [usa today](usa today)  mode, Icloud Library is turned OFF and all picture are visible in roller mode, not any other application than Ixpand is running.