My ipad dosen't recognice my ixpand drive.

I have the ixpand usb drive 3.0 and this is what happens https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJs7V1mqH-A

How do I fix it? Please help!

1 Like

do you have any other iOS device to test it with? If so is it working on other iOS devices?

have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

I have the exact same problem. This started happening after I formatted my iXpand drive using windows explorer (used the default exFAT format and default allocation unit size). The same drive used to work perfectly well on both my iPad Pro 10.5 and iPhone 6s. I have tried repuggling the usb, force closing the app, rebooting the phone, reinstalling the sandisk app, and updating the firmware using the tool listed here (it says it already has the latest firmware installed). I am on IOS 12 and I have another ixpand drive of the same size which works perfectly well on both my iPad Pro 10.5 and iPhone 6s. I have a suspicion that the firmware update tool is not working properly but I can’t be sure since I do not have any device that’s on IOS 8. Is there a way to manually install the firmware on my iXpand not using that tool listed on site?

The exact same thing happens to me. The app doesn’t recognise the iXpand. I tried with an IPhone and an IPad and the result is the same. 

@roslin6 wrote:

The exact same thing happens to me. The app doesn’t recognise the iXpand. I tried with an IPhone and an IPad and the result is the same. 

I have the exact same experience as in the video. Tried on two devices running ios 12 but the drive is not recognised. No other messages appear.

@chappo07 wrote:

I have the exact same experience as in the video. Tried on two devices running ios 12 but the drive is not recognised. No other messages appear.

@britany wrote:

@chappo07 wrote:

I have the exact same experience as in th filezilla uc browser rufus  e video. Tried on two devices running ios 12 but the drive is not recognised. No other messages appear. 

Tried on two devices running ios 12 but the drive is not recognised. No other