Issues with iXpand iPhone app

correct there is no way to see if a file is a video or picture from the file selection screen. As a work around you can use the photos app on the phone to find the particular file you are looking for and delete any shorter (dud) videos before making the transfer. 

Videos an hour or more are pretty large in size. the over all transfer rate the lighting port can achieve is about 12MB/s so transferring large files will be slow. not much that can be done about that as it is as fast as the lighting port can transfer.

Some other things that can affect the transfer rate is if the file is actually on icloud. iCloud photos is turned on by default. If you see All pictures instead of camera roll when accessing the native photos app the file may actually be on icloud. If this is the case it would have to download before it transfers to the ixpand. 

there  is a progress bar at the top it is red and will fill from right to left showing the progress of the transfer. 

I have used may different similar products and in my opinion the sandisk product and app are far superior to other company solutions. my suggestion would be to find something you like and use that product. Life is too short to get so frustrated with anything like this.