Ios 11 problems

Thanks for your advise. I did backup my iPhone and restore everything to the device through iTune, unfortunately, nothing changed and my ixpand still couldnt be detected, I really think that Apple needs to do something about it. Thanks

You need to to an itunes restore without the back up then it should work.

I did try to restore it with the factory setting (no contents) through iTunes and then reinstalled the iXpand apps, it didnt work.

Hi, 

I have an IPad Air 1st generation.

I updated to iOS 11.0.3 and reset the devices.

Then I bought an iXpand, didn’t knew about this issue.

When I connect the iXpand, the IPad can see the device, but the app keeps showing the alert for a failed connection.

It seems that we can only wait for an update…disappointing :frowning:

1 Like

iPhone 8 plus … operational system iOS 11.0.3

Goes into continous cycle of doing nothing and turning off when you try to do anything. Will not back up photos, the one time it did it created folder and had year folders within … but all empty.

Does nothing. Beyond frustrated

Hello @ralloh,

The issue you have with iPhone 8/+ is unrelated to other iOS 11 issues mentioned in this thread. To resolve the issue you are experiencing with the iPhone 8/+ please contact SanDisk Technical Support and request a replacement. 

Regards,

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

slotmonsta,

i am having the same problem too like Ralloh,

I have 2 ixpand disk i purchased recently, about 2 days ago and unfortunately it doesn’t back up and crashes all the time. Is this a software update fix or does sandisk will send out a different type of ixpand flash drive that is compatible to iphone 8 and 8 plus?

thanks

It seems like dont reset to the factory basic setup when you update to IOS 11.03. Otherwise, your iXpand device cannot be used. 

Glad to report that with iOS 11.1 (released yesterday) everything works again.

Is this issue fixed yet? No. So you create products that don’t work when people update their operating systems. And then you expect them to downgrade their OS to make your product function? I can’t downgrade to iOS 10 as the phone was purchased with 11 installed. Brilliant, you had months to work with Apple to ensure your product worked as an Apple developer. And you leave your product on the market even though you know it doesn’t work with new iPhones and iPads.

I will simply be returning my defective product to, Amazon and writing a negative review.

Confirmed, iOS 11 will not connect unless the app and/or iXpand has been used in a previous iOS version? I had installed the Sandisk app under 11 and it would not connect to the iXpand. After installing 11.1.2 it now magically works.

It worked immediately under 10.3.3 on a different phone.

1 Like

I  finally registered just to post this!

I recently bought an ixpand mini 64gb for my newly bought iphone 6s.

the phone can detect the device (got a notification to install the sandisk app when I plug in the ixpand), but the app itself cannot connect tot the device. tried all troubleshooting methods including the check for firmware update and the problem is still there.

I googled and was led to this forum, found out that there is an issue with IOS 11.1.1; whereby an iphone that has been reset will have this issue and the only was for it to be fixed is an update from apple themselves.

I tried the device on an iphone 5s running ios 11.1.1 (but has not been reset), and the ixpand worked like a charm.

so IOS 11.1.2 was released just 2 days ago or thereabouts… I immediately updated my iphone 6s and voila! the ixpand can be detected on the app! thank god i didnt have to wait long for the update (about 2 days after receiving my ixpand mini)

I think sandisk should actually release an official post on the support page or something about this 11.1.1 issue if iphone reset. I only found out about it in this forum.

BTW, if I perform a reset again on ios 11.1.2, will the same problem recur?

@sirfaliq wrote:

BTW, if I perform a reset again on ios 11.1.2, will the same problem recur?

yes it will. from other posts i saw somewhere else it seems the issue is fixed in the iOS 11.2 beta. 

Please check my post on the other thread.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-iXpand-USB-3-0/iPhone-X-with-11-1-2/td-p/364188/page/2

I believe it’s a firmware issue with the iXpand drive, because I have one that works perfectly fine on both iPhone X and 8 Plus running the latest iOS 11.1.2. The working iXpand drive came with firmware version 2.60.115.88, while the other two that didn’t work came with version 2.60.103.88.

Hi any update on the ios 11 issue?

The only problem I faced while updating my iPhone to iOS 11.1.2 is WiFi not working properly.

But after checking on the web, I realize there are many users facing this annoying problem.

But One of my tech geek friends suggest me some tricks with the help of this source link, and I get rid of this annoying issue.

@xyzxyz wrote:

Please check my post on the other thread.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-iXpand-USB-3-0/iPhone-X-with-11-1-2/td-p/364188/page/2

I believe it’s a firmware issue with the iXpand drive, because I have one that works perfectly fine on both iPhone X and 8 Plus running the latest iOS 11.1.2. The working iXpand drive came with firmware version 2.60.115.88, while the other two that didn’t work came with version 2.60.103.88.

This is not a problem with the FW version. It is a hardware issue related to the card that is used in the product. Type 3 cards are affected by the issue and the devices that use these cards will need to be replaced. Please contact SanDisk Support for a warranty replacement. 

Fix available for iOS 11.1.2  (worked for me and an iPhone X):

To All… I was having the same problem using a 256GB iXpand USB 3.0 Drive.  I bought it a week ago.  It worked with my Ipad Pro but did not work with my Iphone X (both using iOS 11.1.2).  The ipad pro could transfer files from both the drive and the ipad.  My Iphone X would recognize the drive and would read files from the drive but I’d get the same error everyone else was getting when I tried to transfer files from the phone to the drive.  I  had the following setup:  App version 4.4.6.   iXpand Drive SDK v107_223.  Drive Firmware ver 2.60.103.88.  File System exFat.  The card type is 3.

Sandisk pushed an update to the App on Tuesday on the Apple App Store.  After the update, I now have App version 4.5.  iXpand Drive SDK v107_223.  Drive firmware version 2.60.132.80.  File system exFat.  Card Type 3.    After the update the drive works fine with my iPhone X (was able to transfer files from the iPhone X to the card and  I can use it directly with the camera), Ipad Pro, and my PC.

Note, it still is card type 3.  I do believe it is a firmware problem since it now works for me.  Give the update a try before you send back your drives via RMA.

• C

@slotmonsta wrote:

This is not a problem with the FW version. It is a hardware issue related to the card that is used in the product. Type 3 cards are affected by the issue and the devices that use these cards will need to be replaced. Please contact SanDisk Support for a warranty replacement. 

By any chance you know the difference between type 2 and 3 cards? Is type 3 supposed to be faster? If Sandisk has fixed it through software and firmware like creese mentinoned, then I’d love to get the type 3 card version instead for better performance. :smileyvery-happy:

For the record, the iXpand Updater provided by Sandisk isn’t showing any new firmware version even though it seems like creese has a newer version 2.60.132.80. :cry: