Ios 11 problems

Here are some tips on how to fix problems on iOS 11

Check this link here: http://www.techinnews.com/fix-ios-11/

Hope this helps!

Here are some tips on how to fix problems on iOS 11

Check this link: http://www.techinnews.com/fix-ios-11/

Hope this helps!

I had similar experience.  To fix it (at least for me in this instance), I had to plug in the iXpand USB drive, and then reboot my iPad (Off and On).  Only then would it recognize the Ixpand USB drive had been plugged in… and all worked as expected.

is it realy safe to upgrade to ios11?

if you do upgrade it will take about 30 seconds to recognize the ixpand. from the reports of beta tests with iOS 11.1 the 30 second detections issue seems to be fixed. 

also do not reset the phone after updating to iOS 11. if the phone is reset no storage devices will be detected. 

FOr me, the same. I have a iPhone6+ upgraded to IOS 11 with erverything reset to the factory setting (erase all contents). Once finished upgrade, I installed the iXpand apps but the"Failed to connect to Iexpand drive.  Please remove and reattach." msg was shown. I did everything I could but still could not use the ixpand again. I wish someone could help me out.

if you did a factory reset the drive will not be recognized. From what i have read this is happening with all storage devices regardless of manufacturer so it seems to be an iOS 11 issue. I have seen some people say that they did a restore using itunes and it worked after that so you could try that but if it works do not do another factory reset or the issue will come back. 

Thanks for your advise. I did backup my iPhone and restore everything to the device through iTune, unfortunately, nothing changed and my ixpand still couldnt be detected, I really think that Apple needs to do something about it. Thanks

You need to to an itunes restore without the back up then it should work.

I did try to restore it with the factory setting (no contents) through iTunes and then reinstalled the iXpand apps, it didnt work.

Hi, 

I have an IPad Air 1st generation.

I updated to iOS 11.0.3 and reset the devices.

Then I bought an iXpand, didn’t knew about this issue.

When I connect the iXpand, the IPad can see the device, but the app keeps showing the alert for a failed connection.

It seems that we can only wait for an update…disappointing :frowning:

1 Like

iPhone 8 plus … operational system iOS 11.0.3

Goes into continous cycle of doing nothing and turning off when you try to do anything. Will not back up photos, the one time it did it created folder and had year folders within … but all empty.

Does nothing. Beyond frustrated

Hello @ralloh,

The issue you have with iPhone 8/+ is unrelated to other iOS 11 issues mentioned in this thread. To resolve the issue you are experiencing with the iPhone 8/+ please contact SanDisk Technical Support and request a replacement. 

Regards,

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

slotmonsta,

i am having the same problem too like Ralloh,

I have 2 ixpand disk i purchased recently, about 2 days ago and unfortunately it doesn’t back up and crashes all the time. Is this a software update fix or does sandisk will send out a different type of ixpand flash drive that is compatible to iphone 8 and 8 plus?

thanks

It seems like dont reset to the factory basic setup when you update to IOS 11.03. Otherwise, your iXpand device cannot be used. 

Glad to report that with iOS 11.1 (released yesterday) everything works again.

Is this issue fixed yet? No. So you create products that don’t work when people update their operating systems. And then you expect them to downgrade their OS to make your product function? I can’t downgrade to iOS 10 as the phone was purchased with 11 installed. Brilliant, you had months to work with Apple to ensure your product worked as an Apple developer. And you leave your product on the market even though you know it doesn’t work with new iPhones and iPads.

I will simply be returning my defective product to, Amazon and writing a negative review.

Confirmed, iOS 11 will not connect unless the app and/or iXpand has been used in a previous iOS version? I had installed the Sandisk app under 11 and it would not connect to the iXpand. After installing 11.1.2 it now magically works.

It worked immediately under 10.3.3 on a different phone.

1 Like

I  finally registered just to post this!

I recently bought an ixpand mini 64gb for my newly bought iphone 6s.

the phone can detect the device (got a notification to install the sandisk app when I plug in the ixpand), but the app itself cannot connect tot the device. tried all troubleshooting methods including the check for firmware update and the problem is still there.

I googled and was led to this forum, found out that there is an issue with IOS 11.1.1; whereby an iphone that has been reset will have this issue and the only was for it to be fixed is an update from apple themselves.

I tried the device on an iphone 5s running ios 11.1.1 (but has not been reset), and the ixpand worked like a charm.

so IOS 11.1.2 was released just 2 days ago or thereabouts… I immediately updated my iphone 6s and voila! the ixpand can be detected on the app! thank god i didnt have to wait long for the update (about 2 days after receiving my ixpand mini)

I think sandisk should actually release an official post on the support page or something about this 11.1.1 issue if iphone reset. I only found out about it in this forum.

BTW, if I perform a reset again on ios 11.1.2, will the same problem recur?