Ios 11 problems

Hello, from the upgrade from 10.3.3 to 11.0 the ixpand works (with the app already installed).

However, if you erase all contents and settings, and then install the app you get an error message to connect.

Failed to connect to Iexpand drive.  Please remove and reattach.

Then going back to 10.3.3 the iexpand works fine.

Any suggestions or is the app held in the store doesnt work the problem. 

Both things happens on an ipad 2017  (5 gen) and an iphone 6. and with two ixpand drives.  Both work on 10.3.3 and on the pc.

1 Like

There are two know issues with iOS 11. These are not isolated to the iXpand product and affect all devices from all manufacturers in this product class. We have opened a ticket with Apple regarding both if these issues. 

1. In iOS 11 it may take up to 30 seconds for the iXpand to be recognized by the iOS 11 device. this issue is somewhat intermittent in nature but may occur up to 50% of connections. The work around is to wait 30 seconds after connecting the iXPand Drive to an iOS 11 device. 

2. Drives will not be detected are after an iOS 11 device has been reset. the work around for this issue is do not reset the iOS 11 device after updating to iOS 11. 

Thank you slotmonsta, I am guessing it be fixed in a future ios update or firmware update on the device?

Since these issues affect all devices from all manufacturers it seems to be on the iOS side. We have opened support tickets with Apple and home they will release an update that will resolve the issue soon. 

Just a  note this still doesnt work after a reset on ios 11.0.1 and app version 4.3.3

Is this still the case for yourselves? and is the ticket still open?

Yes, the ticket with Apple is still open. At this time we do not have any information when this issue may be fixed. 

@slotmonsta wrote:

Since these issues affect all devices from all manufacturers it seems to be on the iOS side. We have opened support tickets with Apple and home they will release an update that will resolve the issue soon. 

this is bull**bleep**, you blame it on ios, while leef ibridge can fix the problem, https://www.leefco.com/pages/update-the-firmware-of-your-ibridge-for-ios-11

Hello @comsphere,

The FW release by Leef was to address a different compatiblity issue between their first generation product and iOS 11. This FW update is not needed for their new geration products and does not address the two known issue listed above in this thread that affect all manufacturers. 

Regards,

Forum Admin 

slotmonsta

No luck here doing that iPhone 6 

now ixpand is working on ios 11.0.1, please update your ios :smiley:

It doesnt after a reset.

Hello it still doesnt work after 11.0.2 fyi.

Ok,

All on an iphone 6.

Update to IOS 11.0.2 works.

Reset Via Erase all content and settings - Doesnt work.

An itunes restore to 11.0.2 works.

if you have it working I would not do a factory reset of the iOS device. It seems that has not been addressed yet. Good to hear that restore to iOS 11.0.2 via iTunes gets it working again. 

Here are some tips on how to fix problems on iOS 11

Check this link here: http://www.techinnews.com/fix-ios-11/

Hope this helps!

Here are some tips on how to fix problems on iOS 11

Check this link: http://www.techinnews.com/fix-ios-11/

Hope this helps!

I had similar experience.  To fix it (at least for me in this instance), I had to plug in the iXpand USB drive, and then reboot my iPad (Off and On).  Only then would it recognize the Ixpand USB drive had been plugged in… and all worked as expected.

is it realy safe to upgrade to ios11?

if you do upgrade it will take about 30 seconds to recognize the ixpand. from the reports of beta tests with iOS 11.1 the 30 second detections issue seems to be fixed. 

also do not reset the phone after updating to iOS 11. if the phone is reset no storage devices will be detected. 

FOr me, the same. I have a iPhone6+ upgraded to IOS 11 with erverything reset to the factory setting (erase all contents). Once finished upgrade, I installed the iXpand apps but the"Failed to connect to Iexpand drive.  Please remove and reattach." msg was shown. I did everything I could but still could not use the ixpand again. I wish someone could help me out.