Factory Restore the device?

the iXPand is really just a normal flash drive. There are no settings that can be restored. In the IXpand Drive app you can clear the cache but that is really about it. 

you can also format the iXpand to erase all the content using a computer. if you have a mac you will need to format in exFAT or MS-DOS (FAT) file systems and you will need to make sure to use MBR(Master Boot Record) for the partition type. If you have a windows computer you can format with the default settings. 

2 Likes

Hi

My ixpand drive was formated by mistake and is not recognized any longer by my iPhone 6s (on ios11).

I 've tried to restore it ( in exFAT format) using diskutility on my Mac but I can’t find this MBR for the partition type. It is not listed under ‘partition’. I am on macos high Sierra latest version. 

Thanks for any help

Hi again

Found the MBR settings in diskutility after some more googling.

Problem solved. Drive working as before.

Hi, How did you solve this? I by accident formatted it in exFat and then tried to go back to FAT32 but now the Iphone app does see it but does not open the drive.

id you format it on a mac? if so you need to use disk utility and set the partition scheme as MBR when formatting. Mac defaults to GUID partition scheme which is not compatible with the iXpand drive app. 

1 Like

No, I did use PC but if it is easier then I can do it in MAC

the app support both exFAT and FAT32 so that should not be a problem. Also on a PC formatting should not have changed the partition scheme unless you told it to use GPT (called GUID on Mac). 

If you have a mac you can use disk utility and partition and format the drive. Make sure the partition scheme is set to MBR (Master Boot Record) and use either MS Dos file type (FAT32) or exFAT. 

I have a Nebula Capsule and the exFAT does not work there which I would like to be able to ust the stick with as well. I did try the MAC but the disk utility didn’t allow the formatting. So I did use EaseUS Partion Master. Could format it then. I had tried to use CMP but it was impossible to do. How ever the it is now slow in copying as the cluster was set 32 kb.

Hello,

Have I messed up ?

I am a new user of Mac,  I wanted my iXpand to work on my new MacBook I installed the empty drive into the USB and formatted the disk to ExFAT —— However when I saw the Scheme not knowing any better I just left it on GUID Partition Map and now I can’t seem to change it back … After reading this thread I think my Drive is now useless ? Is this the Case :frowning: Please help … Confused and Frustrated 

FAR OUT … I managed to fix it ??? unreal … ALL GOOD Cheers 

1 Like

How were you able to do this? I did the same thing though I am using a Mac. I have not been able to recognize the disk on my phone sense.

How do you partition the drive once you reformat using FAT 32 and Master Boot Record

Disk utility has that part greyed out

you should not partition the drive. the app only supports a single partition. 

If you want to delete the data and setting on Android completely, you could have a glance in this tutorial, to get the steps on erasing everything from Android without restoring.

Hello, What if I accidently did partition the drive? its showing a partition of 32kb and 256 in the other… I was messing about and deleted the foulders and formated the drive.  What can I do to recover it so it works correctly in the APP?

Thanks

you will need to repartition and format the drive. it will need one single MBR partition and format using the exFAT file system.  

In disk utility under view tab make sure you have all selected. This will reveal scheme when you go to Erase.

I have to

@drlucky wrote:

the iXPand is really just a normal flash drive. There are no settings that can be restored. In the IXpand Drive app you can clear the cache but that is really about it. 

you can also format the iXpand to erase all the content using a computer. if you have a mac you will need to format in exFAT or MS-DOS (FAT) file systems and you will need to make sure to use MBR(Master Boot Record) for the partition type. If you have a windows computer you can format with the default settings. 

used old macOS to retive my iXPAND. new macOS MOJAVE don’t have option “MBR (Master Boot Record)”

Hi, I am using a Mac and when I try to move a 7gb file onto the drive to put it on the iPhone it gives the unsupported message. Will reformatting solve this issue? Will I be able to transfer bigger files into it? Thanks.

Mac users: Format a disk for Windows computers in Disk Utility on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

after that, my iPhone used the iXpand as usual.