How to check warranty status

Hi,

Could anyone please tell me how to check the warranty status of any SanDisk product (online of course)?

This can come in handy when you get a product into your hand and want to check if it has been previousely registered (and possibly used). Think of third party sellers who may not even know themselves that they are indirectly helping a scheme of reselling used products. And once you open the product packaging as the end user, it is yours, game over. So it would be really good if SanDisk had such a facility to check the warranty status, as other industry players have this (and I could not find it on the sire, apologies if I missed it).

Hello,

in that case you can contact the sandisk support to check the authenticity of the drive and also to register the drive in your account to see the warranty information. 

you can contact the support under this link

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/ask/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ1MjUwNjQxMi9zaWQvWjcxYy1lR20%3D

1 Like

Thanks for the tip.

It would be much better if there would be a publicly available online check facility which would only display the date when a certainserial number was registered the first time.

Please be so kind to work towards having this available, it would be much appreciated!

you can register the product online. from the link below on the right side select register your product. If you do not have an account you will need to create one then you can register your product. Their system will verify the serial number of the ssd and it will tell you if it has already been registered and or is a valid serial number. 

http://kb.sandisk.com/

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip, I know this is possible.

But what if you are in a shop or receive it from a third party seller, then you need to check before use, before unpacking, before accepting the product as yours, and such registration makes this innocent check impossible.

Other industry players have a simple check, where you input the serial and get the date of first registration as the output, ie if truly new, no date.

Any ideas how to do this here without registering it?!?

the only way to check it would be to register it. you can always purchase from authorized resellers where this should not be a problem. 

1 Like

So - apparently, Amazon is fulfilling orders with effectively  counterfeit Lenovo Tiny machines.

These machines come with SSD, but the original part numbers from Lenovo are non-SSD.

I have a dead SanDisk x400 SSD (from one of these) that I have registered and it says it’s in-warranty.

However, I don’t have the  original proof of purchase for the X400 since some third party  included it with this machine.

What recourse do I have to get a replacement SSD for this clearly warranty-covered drive?

typically if the drive was shipped in the machine it is sold as OEM and the machine manufacturer is responsible for the warranty. it sounds like you are in a bit of a unique situation as the machine is a non SSD part number host machine. you can try contacting sandisk support and see if they can work with you on the warranty or go back to amazon as the product you purchased was not as described. amazon has great customer service and may take care of the issue for you. 

Hi,

If I’m able to register, does that mean it is original SanDisk product?

@uza wrote:

Hi,

Could anyone please tell me how to check the warranty status of any SanDisk product (online of course)?

This can come in handy when you get a product into your hand and want to check if it has been previousely registered (and possibly used). Think of third party sellers who may not even know themselves that they are indirectly helping a scheme of reselling used products. And once you open the product packaging as the end user, it is yours, game over. So it would be really good if SanDisk had such a facility to check the warranty status, as other industry players have this (and I could not find it on the sire, apologies if I missed it).

a publicly available online check facility which would only display the date when a certainserial number was registered the first time.

Please be so kind to work towards having this available, it would be much appreciated!

@drlucky wrote:

typically if the drive was shipped in the machine it is sold as OEM and the machine manufacturer is responsible for the warranty. it sounds like you are in a bit of a unique situation as the machine is a non SSD part number host machine. you can try contacting sandisk support and see if they can work with you on the warranty or go back to amazon as the product you purchased was not as described. amazon has great customer service and may take care of the issue for you. 

https://downloader.vip/torrent-sites/ https://downloader.vip/turbotax/ https://downloader.vip/gogoanime/

Please be so kind to work towards having this available, it would be much appreciated

@uza wrote:

Hi,

It would be much better if there would be a publicly available online check facility which would only display the date when a certainserial number was registered the first time.

1 Like

@uza wrote:

Hi,

https://notepad.software/ https://downloader.vip/malwarebytes/ https://filezilla.software/

It would be much better if there would be a publicly available online check facility which would only display the date when a certainserial number was registered the first time

@yopifaklo wrote:

@uza wrote:

Hi,

This can come in handy when you get a product into your hand and want to check if it has been previousely registered (and possibly used).[Dafont 192.168.l.l FileHippo](Dafont 192.168.l.l FileHippo) Think of third party sellers who may not even know themselves that they are indirectly helping a scheme of reselling used products. And once you open the product packaging as the end user, it is yours, game over. So it would be really good if SanDisk had such a facility to check the warranty status, as other industry players have this (and I could not find it on the sire, apologies if I missed it).

@yopifaklo wrote:

@uza wrote:

Hi,

@uza wrote:

But what if you are in a shop or receive it from a third party seller, then you need to check before use, before unpacking, before accepting the product as yours, and such registration makes this innocent check impossible.

Other industry players have a simple check, where you input the serial and get the date of first registration as the output, ie if truly new, no date.

who may not even know themselves that they are indirectly helping a scheme of reselling used products. And once you open the product 

@haility wrote:

@uza wrote:

But what if you are in a shop or receive[  [Xender Discord Omegle](Xender Discord Omegle)it from a third party seller, then you need to check before use, before unpacking, before accepting the product as yours, and such registration makes this innocent check impossible.

who may not even know themselves that they are indirectly helping a scheme of reselling used products. And once you open the product 

As an experiment, I’ve just registered this memory card twice using two different accounts I’ve just created. The registration went just the same (successful) in both cases.