Upgrade firmware of SanDisk SanDisk Ultra II 960GB on a Mac, how?

I buy’d a  SanDisk SanDisk Ultra II 960GB
ATA Version: ACS-2 T13/2015-D revision 3
Firmware Version: X41100RL

Ist this firmware the latest?

How could I update the firmware on a mac?

I run Windows only in VMware Fusion and have installed Crossover (Wine) too.

My Mac: MBP late 2008 15"  / macOS El Capitan

Its nice that no one ever replies to these requests.  So frustrating.  I need to update mine as well.  A few hundred of them to run them in camera systems for a production I am working on.  NO help at all.

SanDisk support seems frustrating.

But I use my SanDisk SSD in my MacBookPro now about 1500 hours without problems.

I hat TRIM turned on too.

I use DriveDX, to monitor the S.M.A.R.T. status too.

https://binaryfruit.com/drivedx

SanDisk is an American manufacturer of flash memory products, including memory cards and readers, USB flash drives, and solid state drives. As of February 2015, it is third-largest manufacturer of flash memory. 

@macuserguru wrote:

I buy’d a  SanDisk SanDisk Ultra II 960GB
ATA Version: ACS-2 T13/2015-D revision 3
Firmware Version: X41100RL

Ist this firmware the latest? Notepad++

How could I update the firmware on a mac?

I run Windows only in VMware Fusion and have installed Crossover (Wine) too.

https://downloader.vip/malwarebytes/

My Mac: MBP late 2008 15"  / macOS El Capitan FileZilla

Its nice that no one ever replies to these requests.  So frustrating.  I need to update mine as well.  A few hundred of them to run them in camera systems for a production I am working on.  NO help at all.

Yup, I’m in this boat too.

Can’t even find a way to work out what the latest firmware is for my drive without having to use a completly different operating system.

Oh and where can I find manual firmware updates for drives.

Sheesh.

Now my SanDisk Ultra II SSD 960 GB works well about 4.900 hours - an with firmware X41100R.

The only thing that bothers me is that no one from SanDisk is coming up on the subject!

Nice information and you explained in a detailed way. Thanks for sharing this to us. Keep sharing the new things like this. Would you know more about the surveys? Here you will get complete details about this. https://volunteerinsrilanka.net/talktoihop/

1 Like

My SanDisk Ultra II SSD, 960GB, Firmware X1100RL have now worked about 6.148 hours, 1.731 power cyvles

in a Mac Book Pro, late 2009, ElCapitan, TRIM enabled.

From S.M.A.R.T. status (with DriveDX):

168 Maximum Write/Erase Cycle Count  15

233 Total NAND Writes 3.6 TB

241 Lifetime Writes 13.6 TB

242 Lifetime Reads 25.9 TB

@macuserguru wrote:

SanDisk support seems frustrating.

But I use my SanDisk SSD in my MacBookPro now about 1500 hours without problems.

I hat TRIM turned on too.

I use DriveDX, to monitor the S.M.A.R.T. status too.

https://binaryfruit.com/drivedx

My Fed Loan

Thanks for sharing useful post here.

My SanDisk Ultra II SSD now reaches 7000 operating hours without any problems

Pleasant data and you clarified in an itemized manner. A debt of gratitude is in order for offering this to us. Continue sharing new things like this. Okay, find out about the surveys?. Present I have my SanDisk class 10 memory card from Walmart and won $1000 with survey.walmart.com

Pleasant data and you clarified in an itemized manner. A debt of gratitude is in order for offering this to us. Continue sharing new things like this. Okay, find out about the surveys ?. Present I have my SanDisk class 10 memory card from Walmart and won $1000 with survey.walmart.com

Really helpful post.

I can’t help with firmware updates, but I can tell you there are TWO different hardware versions of the 960 Drives, and each version has a different firmware!

How I ran into this… I was building a Raid 0 array for data storage, and the 2  Ultra II 960’s I bought were 2 different units, with different firmwares!!!

That prevented me from using them, as I wanted IDENTICAL DRIVES for Raid 0 use…

I bitched and moaned here until Sandisk  told me they would do a ONE TIME Swap, and the told me which SSD they wanted me to send back, and they then sent another so I would have two identical hardware and firmware for both Raid 0 SSD’s…

BUT… SanDisk said It was a ONE TIME Exchange!

I asked if they would identify firmware or hardware revision on the Boxes, so I could Pre Determine which to buy in the future…

And They Said:   NO.

As Good as Sandisk Ultra II’s have been, I have not bought any more for Raid Use… And because of that they lost out on nearly 20 purchases… since 2017…

Thanks for sharing the valuable post here. Sometimes my 128GB sd card is not working on Mi 360 cc cam. Is there any real problem with Sandisk cards or in Mi cam?
I got it from the HD store for Homedepot survey