SanDisk Ultra II® SSD

Boost your PC’s performance up to 28x** with an easy and affordable upgrade to SanDisk Ultra® II SSD. You’ll enjoy no-wait boot up and shorter application load and data transfer times than your traditional hard drive ever delivered—plus longer battery life and much cooler, quieter computing, too**. No matter how you use your PC, SanDisk’s nCache™ 2.0 technology makes for a better experience, delivering consistent high speed and endurance.

• Up to 28 times better performance than a typical hard disk drive
  • No-wait boot up and shut down
  • Faster app load and response times
  • Up to 15% longer battery life
  • nCache 2.0 technology delivers enhanced speed and endurance
  • Shock resistant so your data’s always safe—even if you drop your computer

Overview

Everything You Do On Your Computer—Faster

How fast does your data transfer? How fast do your apps load? Could you brush your teeth in the time it takes for your PC to boot up in the morning? For most users, speed is the first thing on the wish list. Thanks to the innovations in our nCache 2.0 technology, SanDisk Ultra II SSD literally does every task faster than a typical hard disk drive. What used to take minutes happens in just a few seconds.

Performance Means More Than Just Speed

Speed is important, and SanDisk Ultra II SSD delivers it, but our performance test results measure more than the fastest speed a computer can achieve for a few seconds at a time. Performance means how long you can count on that speed, how consistently your PC responds, how many things you can do at once without stalling out. It means how well your drive withstands the stresses the world hands out. On a whole range of important metrics, SanDisk Ultra II SSD performs up to 28 times** better than the hard disk drive you’re using now.

Huge Storage Capacity, Built In

You keep lots of tunes, photos and videos on your PC. You use it for socializing, shopping, banking, email and your online classes. You play games—by yourself or with other people. Add a few more dozen handy apps. And then there’s work. Amazing how much space those presentations, PDFs, spread sheets and documents take up. With SanDisk Ultra II SSD, you can add enough capacity for everything you do on your computer, up to a monster 960GB**, and still have room to spare.

Runs Cool and Quiet

Hard disk drives were great in their day, but let’s face it—they had their downsides. First your laptop would get so hot you couldn’t really hold it on your lap. Then the fan would start up and make a lot of noise. Sometimes you blew through your battery in what seemed like the blink of an eye. With a SanDisk Ultra II SSD, all that is history. With no moving parts inside, your PC will run cool and quiet, your battery will last up to 15% longer and you’ll use less electricity too**

Always Know What’s Going On

With our SanDisk SSD Dashboard, you always have visibility into how your drive’s performing, what firmware updates are available, and what you can do to maintain peak performance. Additional third-party software features include:

• Cloning  software to create an exact replica of an old drive onto the new SanDisk Ultra II SSD in three easy steps with Apricorn’s EZ GIG IV
  • Antivirus  protection for what consumers do most online—email, socialize, and browse with Trend Micro™ Titanium™ Antivirus+
  • Security  service for reliably locating and returning stolen devices by Absolute LoJack, the leader in data protection and theft recovery

Specification

• Available capacities: 120GB, 240GB, 480GB, 960GB**
  • Dimensions: 2.75 x 3.96 x 0.28 in. (69.85mm x 100.5mm x 7.0 mm)
  • Shock: Resistant up to 1500G
  • Vibration: Resistant 5 gRMS, 10-2000 HZ / 4.9 gRMS, 7-800 HZ)
  • Temperature: 32ºF to 158ºF (0ºC to 70 ºC)
  • Interface: SATA Revision 3.0 (6 Gb/s)
  • Endurance: MTBF: 1.75 million hours**
  • Warranty**: United States: 3-year limited warranty. All other regions: 3-year warranty

Product Numbers

Americas
Europe/Asia-Pacific/Latin America/Middle East and Africa
SDSSDHII-120G-G25 – 120GB SDSSDHII-120G-G25 – 120GB
SDSSDHII-240G-G25 – 240GB SDSSDHII-240G-G25 – 240GB
SDSSDHII-480G-G25 – 480GB SDSSDHII-480G-G25 – 480GB
SDSSDHII-960G-G25 – 960GB SDSSDHII-960G-G25 – 960GB
Australia/New Zealand
China
SDSSDHII-120G-Q25 – 120GB SDSSDHII-120G-Z25 – 120GB
SDSSDHII-240G-Q25 – 240GB SDSSDHII-240G-Z25 – 240GB
SDSSDHII-480G-Q25 – 480GB SDSSDHII-480G-Z25 – 480GB
SDSSDHII-960G-Q25 – 960GB SDSSDHII-960G-Z25 – 960GB

Excuse me… Could you double check something for me?

I just got 2x Ultra II 480gb’s…

One reports as: “Sandisk Ultra II 480Gb” with firmare X41100RL

Other reports: “Sandisk Ultra II Solid State Drive” with firmware X31200RL

Both Firmware’s are current.  So I seemingly have two different types of “Ultra  II” drives    !!!

I want to run this in Raid 0, and they do work…  and fast, too. Tested all this afternoon after raid configuration…

But dis-simelar firmware on two drives in a Raid 0 is not (normally) a good thing… Well, it’s not normal do dissimelar drive types… And I seem to have 2 different drives, both reporting to be same size…

Why do I have 2 different drives when purchased at same time, with same box, same barcodes, same names?

The Ultra II SSD is a retail product. Retail products can often have multiple BOM (Build of materials). The two drives you have are both Ultra II SSD with the same performance specification however they are different hardware builds. Both Firmware versions are the latest for their respective hardware builds. 

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

If they are two different builds, then one is an “A” version, and the other a “B” version, yet, they both are sold as the same version, and they both have same model, barcode, and such?

Gee… What an embarassing turn of events!!!   I’m finding they work nice in a raid 0, but based upon many 10’s of years of history with working on Raid’s, I cannot condone using two disimelar drives in a Raid…

How about Sandisk exchanging a newer model of the two drives I just purchased and received yesterday (I will supply serial numbers on request) and I will send back the older of the two versions I have, with your direction as to which is which…

OK?

I have sent you private email… Please look for it…

Thank You

If they are two different builds, then one is an “A” version, and the other a “B” version, yet, they both are sold as the same version, and they both have same model, barcode, and such?

Correct the drives are different hardware revisions both with the same model number and barcode.

Gee… What an embarassing turn of events!!!   I’m finding they work nice in a raid 0, but based upon many 10’s of years of history with working on Raid’s, I cannot condone using two disimelar drives in a Raid…

Functionally there is no difference in the drives and should not be a problem running in RAID.

How about Sandisk exchanging a newer model of the two drives I just purchased and received yesterday (I will supply serial numbers on request) and I will send back the older of the two versions I have, with your direction as to which is which…

This is not a defective drive so this is not something warranty replacement will cover. 

So…  If you were in my positon… Would you be comfortable with using these two devices in a Raid O environment?

Video editing is not a write intensive operation… like a database is… you write it in, and then Read it quite often as you revise the video edit, and then when you do write it out, it’s usually to a different drive…  The database is on another drive.

Please, say something that makes me disregard the rules I’ve been following for 20+ years for Raid operation…  Please…

In another thread people have asked which of the two versions of hardware is the fastest…  I hadn’t thought about it… I was still trying to wrap my head around the acceptability of using dissimelar drives in a Raid in the first place…

Please… If there is something you can say that will allay the 20+ year old fear of using drives that are dissimelar – Needing two different firmware versions indicates two different types of hardware… that you have admidted to.  

OK… I understand there are 2 different types of 480Gb drives…  Now please do what you can to  undue 20+ years of rules that I have followed …  

Please… I’m all ears…

Having different hardware in retail products is a pretty common practice. If you are looking for something like a controlled build of materials you would need to look at OEM or enterprise level products. In the retail market products are made to fit a specifacation and the internal hardware used can and likely will change over time. 

As far as I can tell the specs are the same for the drives. It should not cause a problem in RAID. 

I’m willing to listen to what you say (no problem to be expected)…  It just goes against many years of  ‘standard procedure’, if you know what I mean…

I Must Say…    I was expecting ~350R/W due to my controller being an embedded SATA II controller (Supermicro X7DA8+) and I’m getting far more: 510R/495W  using the AJA Speedtest program set for 1920x1080 at 8 bit resolution.

If what you say is true… I can see a couple of spinning Raid 0 arrays being exchanged for SSD’s in the future…  

But ignoring 20+ years of ‘procedure’ is going to be a hard thing to ignore…   I referred to it as: “Gag Reflex” in another thread…

I beat the living heck out of the edit I bought the new raid for,  with “test revisions” where I threw layer after layer at it to try and break it… and couldn’t break it… (Dropped Frames indicating that drive couldn’t ‘keep up’ )  Which is very promising!

Raid 0 for video editing is primarly write once or twice, read many…  As when revisions and effects are created, they are stored in different locations, on same or other drives…  So Video Editing is not anywhere as write intensive as say a database (which does exist in video editing: usually on a different drive than media so as to distrubute the load on the available disks )

If you have any other information, or ‘white papers’ on the subject… or speed tweaks that I could implement…

I would love to read more into it…

Jan

If you have any other information, or ‘white papers’ on the subject… or speed tweaks that I could implement…

I would love to read more into it…

Jan

I again request any other information, ‘white papers’, etc. that could help clear up this issue…

In other posts, I’ve used the expression: “Gag Reflex”  when attempting to create a Raid with drives that have dis-simelar firmware., and I stand by that statement…

Two drives of the same model name & number, when used in a Raid array, Should Contain the same Firmware Version

That has been the ‘standard’ for years and years…

You’re: “Don’t Worry — Be  Happy” approach is commendable from a MFG standpoint, but embarrassing from an end user’s standpoint, as it creates un-necessary concern based upon ‘what is normal’…

I’m hoping to purchase one more pair of SSD’s       This time 960G units…   in a month or so… 

What is the chance that that 2x 960’s will have identical firmware???

Please Respond…

these are retail products which do not have BOM control so if you purchase more there will be no guarantee they are the exact same hardware or firmware. 

Sorry for the late reply…

I’d think that with the competative marketplace that exists with hardware manufacturer’s today, that no company that makes storage drives would want to intentionally remove themselves for any portion of the storage drive market… 

If I was a shareholder, I’d not want to hear that… As a manager, saying such would put a target on my back…

please think twice before buying, if you look at the other topics on here they are very prone to dying within months