SanDisk Ultra II 960GB questions

I’m considering purchasing 2x Ultra II 960GB Drives to  upgrade a Spinning Drive Raid 0 array…in the near future (February)

I already have 2x Ultra II 480GB as a Raid 0, and it has been very successful, ----- except the two drives have dis-simelar firmware versions, and as a purist, I Do Not Want this to happen again…

So I ask the Pundits here again:   

On your Ultra II 960 Product, how likely am I to get two Ultra II 960GB drives with the same hardware versions on them, and therefore the same firmware?

You may not think this is important

(And I must agree–I have not encountered any issue with the 2x 480GB’s with dis-simelar frimware in a Raid 0 environment yet)… But…  It would make me feel so much better knowing the 960Gb units would be identical…

I patiently await your post…

P.S. If you have any Tweaking or White Paper documents on using your product, I’d appreciate  your pointing me toward it…

Thank You…

If you have my luck, your chances aren’t good. I need 6 960GB drives for a project but due to per customer limits, purchased 3 through newegg on ebay and 3 direct. They shipped seperately, 3 with X31200Rl and 3 with X35510RL firmware. I haven’t had any issues yet but would love to have the same firmware on both. The interesting thing is SanDisk’s website list X31000Rl or X41000Rl for newer drives with minor hardware changes. So I think that means I have the older hardware but the website hasn’t been updated to show the current firmware.

Forgot to mention earlier, the SSD toolkit doesn’t detect any of the drives despite them being on a regular windows box running a Supermicro X9SRi-F mainboard with a intel C602 chipset. They are detected on a newer Z170 Skylake system but SSD toolkit shows No firmware information for this device when I check for updates.

I’m running an older Supermicro system: X7DA8+ and I was able to see and check both 480GB drives under W7-64

I just came across this information…

http://ask.adaptec.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2409/~/can-different-hard-disks-be-used-to-build-a-raid%3F

Adaptec does not want to see dis-simelar firmware…  (Nor do I, but I do not count, according to SanDisk Support folks!)

Shame!  SanDisk!

I’d appreciate an ‘official’ answer on my question… and Adaptec’s statement…

I have a 960GB hard drive that has partitions on it.  I tried to delete them but I get a message that I don’t have access to do that.  I want to clone my laptop hard drive on it and replace the spinning drive with this ssd drive.  What do I do?

I’d appreciate an ‘official SanDisk’ answer on my question… and Adaptec’s statement…

I did receive an answer:

Also, for future use, please consider purchasing our X300, X300s or
> Z400s SSD’s. You can find more information on these drives by clicking
> on the link below:
> https://www.sandisk.com/business/computing