Re: SanDisk Ultra II 480 died...

So, after a week of silence no official tests from SanDisks received but words of assurance it is the same productivity (how it is possible?!)
There were a lot of other templated words (you know...)
Just principly decided to refuse proposition of RMA. 

@SanDisk. Conratulation with minus one regular customer...

Mine has died too.

was 3 1/2 years old but just keeled over with no warning.

Unable to get any data off it.

Emailed Sandisk and was told as out of warranty they will not do anything.

Have another sandisk ultra 2 in my laptop and now due to this last one dying I have cloned this one just in case.

This will be my last sandisk drive ever purchased. 

The extra cost of a Samsung is probably worth if for the reliability.

@spidernose wrote:

Anyone else here have this problem? Came home one day and it was just dead. As in, dead as dirt.

Can't see it in my bios. Or another pc's bios. I even put it in my dock. Nada. RMA is in process. 

Nope- Back to SAMSUNG for me. What a pain in the neck, and Web search finds this a common issue where drives fail with no notice.

@mistermuttley wrote:

Mine has died too.

was 3 1/2 years old but just keeled over with no warning.

Unable to get any data off it. 

Emailed Sandisk and was told as out of warranty they will not do anything.

Have another sandisk ultra 2 in my laptop and now due to this last one dying I have cloned this one just in case.

This will be my last sandisk drive ever purchased. 

The extra cost of a Samsung is probably worth if for the reliability.

https://audacity.onl/ https://findmyiphone.onl/ https://origin.onl/

Nope- Back to SAMSUNG for me. What a pain in the neck, and Web search finds this a common issue where drives fail with no notice.

[ Edited ]

Same problem here for my sandisk ultra ii 240gb. I have never known it happen to so many people and after years the problem is still happening to the same brand ssd and model 

I usually like sticking to who and what i know when it comes to hardware but all i see is a serious problem with these drives and its not been fixed after 2++ years . Surely selling something that is known to break would against consumers rights 

My drive is literally months old with little use

Highlighted

@drlucky wrote:

If it is not detected in the BIOS it will need to be replaced. You will need to contact sandisk support to get an RMA. you can put in an online RMA request. return process may be different depending on what country you are in. Go to the link below and use the language selector at the top left. If you are in Europe make sure and use English (Europe) to get you to the right team.  

Was just looking at reviews at Newegg. LOTS of dead or DOA units. My RMA drive arrives today. I think it will go on eBay.

[ Edited ]

@HAILITY wrote:

@drlucky wrote:

If it is not detected in the BIOS it will need to be replaced  FileZilla UC Browser Rufus. You will need to contact sandisk support to get an RMA. you can put in an online RMA request. return process may be different depending on what country you are in. Go to the link below and use the language selector at the top left. If you are in Europe make sure and use English (Europe) to get you to the right team.  

Was just looking at reviews at Newegg. LOTS of dead or DOA units. My RMA drive arrives today. I think it will go on eBay.

My sandisk ultra ii ssd 960 gb has also started to fail. Purchased from Amazon in Dec 2015. Now out of warranty i presume. Strange how my 2011 Samsung ssd is still going strong. Also had to rma other sandisk products, don't think I Will be buying sandisk again.
SanDisk User

@drlucky wrote:

If it is not detected in the BIOS it will need to be replaced. You will need to contact sandisk support to get an RMA. you can put in an online RMA request. return process may be different depending on what country you are in. Go to the link below and use the language selector at the top left. If you are in Europe make sure and use English (Europe) to get you to the right team.  

I have to go to BB to get a receipt printed to do RMA. I have owned many drives, this was my first SD. I thought since the USB drives are so robust they had to know what they were doing. Nope- Back to SAMSUNG for me. What a pain in the neck, and Web search finds this a common issue where drives fail with no notice.

SanDisk User

[ Edited ]

@BRITANY wrote:

@drlucky wrote:

If it is not detected in the BIOS it will need to be replaced. Y   Bluestacks Lucky Patcher Kodi ou will need to contact sandisk support to get an RMA. you can put in an online RMA request. return process may be different depending on what country you are in. Go to the link below and use the language selector at the top left. If you are in Europe make sure and use English (Europe) to get you to the right team.  

I have to go to BB to get a receipt printed to do RMA. I have owned many drives, this was my first SD. I thought since the USB drives are so robust they had to know what they were doing. Nope- Back to SAMSUNG for me. What a pain in the neck, and Web search finds this a common issue where drives fail with no notice.

. I have owned many drives, this was my first SD. I thought since the USB drives are so robust they had to know what they were doing. Nope- Back to SAMSUNG for me. What a pain in the neck, and Web search finds this a common issue where drives fail with no notice.