SanDisk Ultra II 480 died

My thoughs exactly, why RMA you also loose any chance of data retrieval.

theys video may help you a bit if you want recover data

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsojCyeOSuw4Odm6MyBXLmg

and you may consider watching eevblog or ohter youtube channels to learn soldering if you want recover data.

just look soldering  tutorials videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2DjFE7Xf11URZqWBigcVOQ

Yes, another death here, a 480, just came in this morning to see the PC sat in BIOS settings and no SSD showing.

When I personally die, I’m going to have all the deceased hard drives of mine buried with me, then one day in the future some archaeologist can have fun conducting data recovery on my digital life starting off with a few floppies and Zip drives (I wont suggest that the punched paper tape will survive) in maybe 300 years hence :slight_smile:

I just heard that now.

+1 passed away…
first private hdd in my 20 years IT life. 64GB 6 years old still works perfectly in old desktop. few SD cards work perfectly in camera… but this one in absolutely not busy system lasts less than year…
just didn’t wake up this evening… brick… RIP… RMA request is sent but just don’t know if I want to use this company drives anymore…

was proposed with replacement to 500GB 3D SanDisk Ultra that is much chipper and slower (in fact).
asked about adequeate replacement but I don’t believe that it is possible to receive at lease same specs disks.
Will think twice buying next disk if it worse to have such warranty… :frowning:

So, after a week of silence no official tests from SanDisks received but words of assurance it is the same productivity (how it is possible?!)
There were a lot of other templated words (you know…)
Just principly decided to refuse proposition of RMA. 

@SanDisk. Conratulation with minus one regular customer…

Mine has died too.

was 3 1/2 years old but just keeled over with no warning.

Unable to get any data off it.

Emailed Sandisk and was told as out of warranty they will not do anything.

Have another sandisk ultra 2 in my laptop and now due to this last one dying I have cloned this one just in case.

This will be my last sandisk drive ever purchased. 

The extra cost of a Samsung is probably worth if for the reliability.

@spidernose wrote:

Anyone else here have this problem? Came home one day and it was just dead. As in, dead as dirt.

Can’t see it in my bios. Or another pc’s bios. I even put it in my dock. Nada. RMA is in process. 

Nope- Back to SAMSUNG for me. What a pain in the neck, and Web search finds this a common issue where drives fail with no notice.

@mistermuttley wrote:

Mine has died too.

was 3 1/2 years old but just keeled over with no warning.

Unable to get any data off it. 

Emailed Sandisk and was told as out of warranty they will not do anything.

Have another sandisk ultra 2 in my laptop and now due to this last one dying I have cloned this one just in case.

This will be my last sandisk drive ever purchased. 

The extra cost of a Samsung is probably worth if for the reliability.

https://audacity.onl/ https://findmyiphone.onl/ https://origin.onl/

Nope- Back to SAMSUNG for me. What a pain in the neck, and Web search finds this a common issue where drives fail with no notice.

Same problem here for my sandisk ultra ii 240gb. I have never known it happen to so many people and after years the problem is still happening to the same brand ssd and model 

I usually like sticking to who and what i know when it comes to hardware but all i see is a serious problem with these drives and its not been fixed after 2++ years . Surely selling something that is known to break would against consumers rights 

My drive is literally months old with little use

@digital12 wrote:

SSD Ultra II 960gb just died on me.

I have two of these and have checked them on an external usb to sata on another laptop. The second one is fine and becomes visible in Dashboard and I can access the files.

The first one that has my windows operating system and most of my files on it is dead and does not show up anywhere.

In the original laptop it worked fine since April 16, but just switched on laptop and then nothing and it’s gone. 

I assume it is the end of the story for recovering the files from it because it is no longer visible to a pc.

Anyone else here have this problem? Came home one day and it was just dead. As in, dead as dirt.

@marviliyatsia wrote:

@digital12 wrote:

SSD Ultra II 960gb just died on me.

I have two of these and have checked them on an external usb to sata on another laptop. The second one is fine and becomes visible in Dashboard and I can access the files.

The first one that has my windows operating system and most of my FileZilla  MalwarebytesRufus files on it is dead and does not show up anywhere.

In the original laptop it worked fine since April 16, but just switched on laptop and then nothing and it’s gone. 

I assume it is the end of the story for recovering the files from it because it is no longer visible to a pc.

@drlucky wrote:

If it is not detected in the BIOS it will need to be replaced. You will need to contact sandisk support to get an RMA. you can put in an online RMA request. return process may be different depending on what country you are in. Go to the link below and use the language selector at the top left. If you are in Europe make sure and use English (Europe) to get you to the right team.  

Was just looking at reviews at Newegg. LOTS of dead or DOA units. My RMA drive arrives today. I think it will go on eBay.

@haility wrote:

@drlucky wrote:

If it is not detected in the BIOS it will need to be replaced  [FileZilla UC Browser Rufus](FileZilla UC Browser Rufus). You will need to contact sandisk support to get an RMA. you can put in an online RMA request. return process may be different depending on what country you are in. Go to the link below and use the language selector at the top left. If you are in Europe make sure and use English (Europe) to get you to the right team.  

Was just looking at reviews at Newegg. LOTS of dead or DOA units. My RMA drive arrives today. I think it will go on eBay.

My sandisk ultra ii ssd 960 gb has also started to fail. Purchased from Amazon in Dec 2015. Now out of warranty i presume. Strange how my 2011 Samsung ssd is still going strong. Also had to rma other sandisk products, don’t think I Will be buying sandisk again.

@drlucky wrote:

If it is not detected in the BIOS it will need to be replaced. You will need to contact sandisk support to get an RMA. you can put in an online RMA request. return process may be different depending on what country you are in. Go to the link below and use the language selector at the top left. If you are in Europe make sure and use English (Europe) to get you to the right team.  

I have to go to BB to get a receipt printed to do RMA. I have owned many drives, this was my first SD. I thought since the USB drives are so robust they had to know what they were doing. Nope- Back to SAMSUNG for me. What a pain in the neck, and Web search finds this a common issue where drives fail with no notice.

@britany wrote:

@drlucky wrote:

If it is not detected in the BIOS it will need to be replaced. Y   Bluestacks Lucky Patcher Kodi ou will need to contact sandisk support to get an RMA. you can put in an online RMA request. return process may be different depending on what country you are in. Go to the link below and use the language selector at the top left. If you are in Europe make sure and use English (Europe) to get you to the right team.  

I have to go to BB to get a receipt printed to do RMA. I have owned many drives, this was my first SD. I thought since the USB drives are so robust they had to know what they were doing. Nope- Back to SAMSUNG for me. What a pain in the neck, and Web search finds this a common issue where drives fail with no notice.

. I have owned many drives, this was my first SD. I thought since the USB drives are so robust they had to know what they were doing. Nope- Back to SAMSUNG for me. What a pain in the neck, and Web search finds this a common issue where drives fail with no notice.

hello from 2020!

just decided to drop in here to tell a few lines about SD product reliability that yet another SD ultra2 960G DIED yesterday, i used it since 2016 though and it is now out of warranty.

yesterday, i powered up the pc to resume some work… and NADA!  the windows10 logo loading dots went into an endless spin… so i decided to reset,  nothing ! still the same hang…  before i identified that the cause of all this was this SD ssd, it brought down to a complete standstill my entire system. there was absolutely no way to start win10 in anyway, not even in the repair/recover/safe mode, the windows logo remained always in an endless spinning dot. the only clue win10 gave me was a stop code error: PNP DRIVER WATCHDOG  and it all continued into an endless restart loop with nothing. 

I had to investigate by elimination procedure, by removing first all the possible hardware, pci cards, usb devices. etc  still nothing, no go…   i finally decided to boot up ubuntu from an usb stick, everything started and showed up…  but,  as i have more than 6 ssd connectected on the motherboard, i didn’t notice immediatly the faulty ssd drive among them wasn’t showing up.   as last step, i decided to remove all ssd drives and leave only the samsung evo i had my windows installation… and BANG! everything started up just like normal…

i then connected all my ssd’s one by one, to finally find out the culprit was this SD ultra2 960G *POS* … it wasn’t showing in the bios list at all…  i changed the cable/connector and mb sata port…  same **bleep**!   DOH!

i have another SD ultra2 960 exactly like this one that is still alive and that i rushed to copy/wipe everything out of it to another drive

this is my last SD product EVER,  good bye.

I bought my mother an Adata su800 for her comp and it died in just over a year. stay away from adata su800’s i have a sandisk Ultra II for two years in my laptop and it is still going strong. My advise is to do a lot of research before buying an SSD. .