Accepted Solution

NEWBIE request - SSD firmware update help

Hi,

New member who is looking for some guidance on where to start with keeping Sandisk ssd firmware up to date.

I am using an SSD on an acer AOD270 netbook. So, small screen, no CD drive etc. I could not, fo r the life of me, get my Win7 starter  HDD cloned on to the SSD and have it boot reliably.

I took the plunge, installed the SSD, installed Linux Mint with all the defaults, made a couple of tweaks and checks for noatime and trim and I'm very pleased with what I have.

I would now like to keep the SSD firmware up to date. I have searched these forums and one or two other places, but I'm still a bit lost. Is there a kind soul who can point me to the right place to get started or to a thread where this issue has already been resolved?

I'd be very grateful. Thanks in advance.

SanDisk Guru

Re: NEWBIE request - SSD firmware update help

The SanDisk SSD dashboard will notify you when FW updates are available but it is for Windows only. Since you are on Linux you can keep a watch on this board. If a FW update is released it will be posted and stickied at the top of this board. They will post a link to the ISO for the FW. You can burn that to a CD or create a bootable USB drive out of it. See below a FW update post for the Extreme Pro SSD for an example. Currently there are no FW updates available for the Ultra II SSD.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-Extreme-Pro-SSD/Firmware-update-X21200RL-released-for-SanDisk-E...  

Re: NEWBIE request - SSD firmware update help

Very many thanks for your prompt reply and for exactly the information I was hoping for. Much appreciated.

I shall keep a watch out for any updates.