Interesting observation regarding partitions of an Ultra II

I installed an image (Acronis) with 3 partitions totalling ~500Gb onto an Ultra II 960.   I then, using W7-64 ‘Manage’ created 2 more partitons, so that the entire SSD was used…

About 10 min later… I re-ran Dashboard (current V1.4.3) and noticed the new partitions had not been recognized…

And after about 40 seconds where I was adding up partitions to determine it was the Manually (Manage) created partitions that wern’t being seen, that… In front of my eyes… The pie graph of staus changed, with unallocated going away and allocated increasing in size…

Not a complaint, just an observation… I would say about 10-15 min had gone by since the 2 partitions were added…

This was on W7-64

???

Did you close the dashboard completely or was it still running in the system tray? 

It sounds like the dashboard is not refreshing the drive partition table in real time or if you closed it completely not even at relaunch. Maybe it is refreshing the partitions at a time interval? 

Refreshing in real time is preferred but it would likely require the dashboard run some service which would take up resources. You know how people can be if an app is perceived as bloatware. That said it should at least refresh at launch IMO. 

Either way it is unlikely most users would run into this behavior. Most people rarely if ever change a drives partitions. 

Dashboard was not running in systray from boot…

I then created 2 new partitions with manage.  Then I opened up dashboard… When opened status opened showing pie chart of SSD with ~480Gb of un-allocated disk space, which I thought was unusual…   With that open, opened Manage again, and grabbed calculator to determine if Dashboard un-allocated space and 2 new partitions added to same figure… It did add to same number. and went back to Dashboard window, which still sa un-allocated disk space…as I watched, Status window pie chart changed in front of my eyes, eliminating un-allocated space from pie chart, and pie chart now indicates a full disk…

I would say that it was 10 to maybe 15 min from time I first noticed Pie Chart was in-correct until it updated in front of my eyes…

Again, it’s not a complaint, but it was a “how about that–It sure took longer than expected”  comment!

Also, we extend Dyson’s adjoint of a partition to MacMahon’s “modular” partitions with modulus 2.

What?