How i get a Serial Number without have to open my rig in Raid 0 ?

How i get a Serial Number without have to open my rig in Raid 0 ?

with SSD dashborad program i was able to get 1 of numbers of my SDD but it is on raid 0, i really gonna have to open my rig ?

Having 2x 2 drive Raid 0’s with Sandisk Ultra II’s  on my edit system, I thought I rememeber Seeing serial numbers… but when I checked, you are correct… Each of the Raid Array’s only shows one drive… I see same issue on both Raids…

Now if you’d think that Sandisk can indicate it’s a raid, you’d think they would have fully configured the system to display all drives… I don’t have a raid 1, 10, 5, or 50  to check…

How much you want to bet that will be another feature only half implemented?

By another feature only half-implemented, I saying like selling a SSD for an update to an older computer, and then configuring Dashboard software so that it only updates firmware with a AHCI controller… Which of course older computer/ laptop’s don’t have…

I have just such a situation here… Dashboard says I Need to do firmware update… but though Dashboard sees a firmware update is needed, it won’t do a frimware because the disk controller is not AHCI…  

Kinda negates the use in an older computer, eh?   Why would Sandisk turn it’s back on hundreds of thousands of users???

Must not need the money…

Dreifh…    Seeing that we are not getting a posted answer here, I opened a support ticket with multiple questions:

1. what features does Sandisk ultra II SSD X41320RL firmware update have?

2. A 960 and 480 drive updated to X41320 fine… W7-64

3. A 960 in a Dell Insprion 1720 W7-64 would not update 8 months ago, with last firmware update… When will you support Non-AHCI controllers for firmware updates so I can load the X41320RL firmware update?

4. Supermicro Server W7-64. Why does a AHCI two drive Raid 0 display as a Raid in Dashboard, yet only display ONE DRIVE?  

5. (Question #4 above… A Supermicro System, along with 2 drive Raid0, also has a single Non-AHCI 240 drive… When will I be able to update that firmware?

I’ll cut and paste any answer received via support ticket here, seeing that SanDisk is not supporting these forums actively…

I Did get a phone call from SanDisk support… (We were out at the time)

but the message cut off in middle of the phone number I’m to call… If SanDisk sees this… Please call again!

Well… You see what I asked… Unfortuneately… This is what was answered:

Dear Jan,

Thank you for contacting SanDisk® Global Customer Care. I do apologize for the inconvenience caused and delay in response. This firmware update includes minor bug fixes and feature enhancement for laptop and desktop user’s, if you are not experiencing any issue while using the drive currently, it is ok to use the old firmware version. However main purpose behind it’s release was to fix the issue with Atomos recording camera’s.

Currently we their is no update on newer firmware version of SanDisk SSD dashboard. We have forwarded your query to the concern team. If their will be any update you will be notified.

Should you require further assistance, please reply to this email or us at 1-866-726-3475  IVR opt. 1,1 from 11am - 10pm EST (Monday - Friday). We are glad to help!

Best regards,

Anni N.

SanDisk® Global Customer Care

I received an email with Phone number… I’ll call Monday…

I swear my and your results were the same a couple weeks back… I wonder if it had something to do with Microsoft Updates…

I now see 3 drives on my Server stystem…   The 2 drives that are Raid -0, and by selecting each, I DO NOW SEE SERIAL AND FIRMWARE INFORMATON…

I swear to you that this was not the case a couple weeks ago…  

CHECK AGAIN!!!

PS… I ddi talke to Anni at Sandisk today…