Finding current (manual) firmware

Without WIndoze, Sandisk seems not to offer any way to locate the manual (iso) firmware images.I had hoped that it would at least be possible to view the contents of http://downloads.sandisk.com/downloads/ssd/iso/, but that does not seem to work.

Does the dashboard work under Wine by any chance? Why does Sandisk make simple things so hard? Why aren’t the firmware images linked to the page with the datasheet and specifications in the usual way?

Is there someone who can tell me what the currect firmware version is? Perhaps versions since I gather different hardware version are shipped under  the same model number.

Most other manufacturers allow one to search by serial number which presumably properly identifies a drive. Why does Sandisk try to alienate it customers?

I can tell you from experience, that there are different hardware versions of even the same Model SSD!

A few years back, I put 2x 480 Ultra II’s in a Raid 0 configuration… (It is still active, with 100% of life left, and I have been using it for Video Editing and DVD/BR Authoring for a few years now)…   I AM COMPLETLY HAPPY WITH THE ULTA II SSDS!!!

I found to my horror that I had 2x different hardware configurations in 2x drives!!!  Being the Purist that I am, I complained Loudly to SanDisk Techs and here… I’m Old School, and follow the rules that you only raid IDENTICAL MODEL DRIVES WITH IDENTICAL FIRMWARE!!

Sandisk Repeatedly told me that It didn’t matter that there were two non-identical drives, but eventually exchanged one of them so that I had two IDENTICAL Drives!!!  (But said in the next breath that they would not do it again, as there is no way of determining from the un-opened box what hardware or Firmware version is contained on the drive :(! )…

This, Obviously has limited my drive purchases since then to just separate, as opposed to purchasing 2 for another Raid…  Which kind of ■■■■■… but those are the rules SanDisk has given me!!!

So That’s why you can’t seem to find a listing of Firmware for the drives!!!

Now with that said… I’ll start up 2 systems here and determine the firmware versions and post them… in the following post!

OK… Just checked 2 systems here…

Dell XPS 1702 Laptop has 2x SSD’s:

960  has firmware X41320RL

480  has firmware X41320RL

My Main Edit system (Supermicro Server) has 3 SSD’s out of a total of 7 drives (1 SCSI, 6x Sata)

2x 480  as Raid 0, has firmware X31200RL

1x 240 with firmware X41100RL

All drives report being installed the most Current Version of Firmware!!

AN OPEN LETTER TO SANDISK FOLLOWS:

You know, SanDisk… You exchanged one 480 Ultra II SSD when I found that the 2 I had – had dis-simelar hardware and firmware versions… And I had purchased 2 for use in a RAID 0 Array.   ‘Support’ Indicated that “It Didn’t Matter”, but after my insistance, Sandisk Exchanged one so that both would be identical…  But you indicated that you were doing this on a: “One Time Basis”…

I have a 2 Spinning 1TB Segate Drives in a Raid 0 configuratioin that is approaching 6 years of age…  I would seriously consider Purchasing 2 more 960’s if I could be guaranteed that they were both the same exact model and firmware!!!  There is a limitation of 2Gb per array limitation in the Supermicro SATA Code…  I can work with that!!!

I have an EXCELLENT HISTORY with SANDISK ULTRA II SSDS, as individual drives or as a RAID 0 Array!!!     

I AM INTERESTED in retiring a spinning raid 0 with another SSD Raid 0… But I must insist that both SSD’s be the same hardware & firmware Version!!!

Are You, SanDisk, Willing to sell me two IDENTICAL 960’s for this Update?

The offer is on the table!!!   Are you willing to take me up on it?

My 3rd system, an older core 2 laptop with Sata2 controller, also has a 960 in it, but is used only for video capturing, and I did not power it up to examine firmware in it.

Actually it has 2 drives: boot SSD and a Momentus XT for data storage

@flight7 wrote:

Without WIndoze, Sandisk seems not to offer any way to locate the manual (iso) firmware images.I had hoped that it would at least be possible to view the contents of http://downloads.sandisk.com/downloads/ssd/iso/, but that does not seem to work.

Does the dashboard work under Wine by any chance? Why does Sandisk make simple things so hard? Why aren’t the firmware images linked to the page with the datasheet and specifications in the usual way?

Is there someone who can tell me what the currect firmware version is? Perhaps versions since I gather different hardware version are shipped under  the same model number.

Most other manufacturers allow one to search by serial number which presumably properly identifies a drive. Why does Sandisk try to alienate it customers?

is used only for video capturing, and I did not power it up to examine firmware in it.

@janj wrote:

OK… Just checked 2 systems here…

Dell XPS 1702 Laptop has 2x SSD’s:

960  has firmware X41320RL

480  has firmware X41320RL

My Main Edit system (Supermicro Server) has 3 SSD’s out of a total of 7 drives (1 SCSI, 6x Sata)

2x 480  as Raid 0, has firmware X31200RL

1x 240 with firmware X41100RL

All drives report being installed the most Current Version of Firmware!!

AN OPEN LETTER TO SANDISK FOLLOWS:

You know, SanDisk… You exchanged one 480 Ultra II SSD when I found that the 2 I had – had dis-simelar hardware and firmware versions… And I had purchased 2 for use in a RAID 0 Array.   ‘Support’ Indicated that “It Didn’t Matter”, but after my insistance, Sandisk Exchanged one so that both would be identical…  But you indicated that you were doing this on a: “One Time Basis”…

I have a 2 Spinning 1TB Segate Drives in a Raid 0 configuratioin that is approaching 6 years of age…  I would seriously consider Purchasing 2 more 960’s if I could be guaranteed that they were both the same exact model and firmware!!!  There is a limitation of 2Gb per array limitation in the Supermicro SATA Code…  I can work with that!!!

I have an EXCELLENT HISTORY with SANDISK ULTRA II SSDS, as individual drives or as a RAID 0 Array!!!     

I AM INTERESTED in retiring a spinning raid 0 with another SSD Raid 0… But I must insist that both SSD’s be the same hardware & firmware Version!!!

Are You, SanDisk, Willing to sell me two IDENTICAL 960’s for this Update?

8 Ball Pool Discord Omegle

The offer is on the table!!!   Are you willing to take me up on it?

is used only for video capturing, and I did not power it up to examine firmware in it