Beating 2 Ultra II's Profusely

I am just about fiinished with a mamoth amout of capturing of video and video data files… Onto a Raid 0 Array created with 2x Ultra II 480’s on a Supermicro Motherboard… All in all, in past 2 weeks, I’ve used close to 600GB of the 2x 480GB drives…  I have 2x 1080i projects, and 1 (massive) SD 480i .

This is on a Window 7-64 video edit system.

I want to compliment Sandisk on it’s fine product.    It’s a bit unfortuneate that I had to ■■■■■ and moan to get two identical drives (they have two different hardware versions, and as a ‘Purist’ I didn’t want use two dis-simelar drives on/in a raid array, and I bitched and moaned until they did a “One Time Exchange”…), but the results have been very positive…

In the past few weeks I have beat the heck out of these drives, and there has been nary a peep of issues with them…

Dashboard sees the drives, and says they are still 100%…

You know me… I give out ‘atta-boys’ sparengly…

“ATTA-BOY!”

Our retail brand SSD may undergo firmware and hardware changes under same model number without notice

If you request two identical drives I would suggest you go to our Channel line with X or Z series 

Thanks for that unusual information… It’s interesting how MFG’s make up stuff after they sell product that people use in multiple ways…   I received about the same response from Crucia/Micron recently about SSD’s in Raid configuration…And Seagate regarding Hybrid drive useage under ‘other’ Operating systems… 6 or so years ago, when hybrids were all the rage, and firmware updates were bi-monthly…   As it turns out, even with all the firmware updates, I’ve yet to have any of the 15 or so hybrid hard drives fail, under raid or other ‘isoteric’ disk operating systems…

And same goes for Raid with SanDisk (and Recently-- Crucial/Micron)

You manufactures should start realizing that any operation could be used for your product, and instead of ignoring it, or acting like it doesn’t exist, you should take the time to test and implement those features, and make it a profit center!

Follow up… The Project that these are in use on has ‘exploded’… I now have well over 10 hours of footage, and 4 more tapes arived in past couple of days…   It’s Going to be interestiing… After tapes are captured I’ll probably be 80-90% full on this raid…

Dashboard (That is not ‘supposed’ to see Raids) Does see the drives, and ‘reports’ they are in a Raid, and still says drives are 100%…

The last of the referred to Project was finished in June.  Only encountered one round of revisions… Made requested changes and I turned in the final DVD project in July to the duplicator, after a few burned copies were tried in multiple Computers and Players… 

This past Tuesday I attented a viewing of the release of the ‘project’ as I came to refer to it…                to rave reviews…

Project has been backed up… and any day now I can delete the last  >350Gb of wild footage…

Between the three projects (First and Second  finished in April/May, third one just recently)… I’m more than pleased with the way the Ultra II drives worked,  single ended, or Raid configuration!