Accepted Solution

Server compatibility

I would like to install 2 of these in an HP DL380 G7 or DL360 G7 and expose them to a VMHOST running on that machine.  Is this possible? 

Enterprise Administrator

Re: Server compatibility

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your interest in the exciting SanDisk ULLtraDIMM SSDs.  Today the SanDisk ULLtraDIMM SSDs are only available in select Lenovo (IBM System x) and Supermicro servers.  Since the ULLtraDIMM SSD is installed in a DDR3 memory slot, the server requires a BIOS update, from the server vendor, to treat the ULLtraDIMM SSD as storage and not memory.  HP does not offer that support today.

Thanks.

Do you have any specific models for each vendor?  I really need to get this going this week.

Highlighted
Enterprise Administrator

Hi Joe,

For IBM:

x3650 M4 (7915)
x3850 X6 (3837)
x3950 X6 (3837)

For SuperMicro:

Supermicro’s Green SuperServer® and SuperStorage platforms

Huawei has not yet announced the model numbers.

Although the delay, we hope you will still find this information helpful.

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I am writing on this old thread because i was wondering whether your SAS SSDs werew compatible with x3850 X5 (7143). I was looking over the specs on https://lenovopress.com/tips0992-sas-mlc-enterprise-ssd and reading about your products, and wanted to confirm one way or the other. IF there is a compatibility please let me know specifically which of your SAS SSDs are or were compatible.

Thank you

Eitan

ibm lit.JPG