"Invalid file name." message when copying directory

I am using SanDisk SecureAccess V3.0 on a SanDisk Cruzer Edge 8GB usb drive. My computer operating system is OS X El Capitan (Version 10.11.6). Every time I drag (i.e. copy and paste) a directory containing files into “My Vault” on my usb drive, I get the following pop-up message: “Invalid file name.”. Even though all my files and directories seem to get copied over fine, this pop-up message is really annoying. I should also mention that the pop-up requires that I click “OK” before proceeding further with the copying process (if there are multiple parent directories).

Is anybody else seeing this problem? Is it a bug?

error_message.png

After contacting SanDisk Customer Care (1-866-726-3475), I was told that this is a known problem as there have been a few other reports of it happening. The representative could not tell me if and when this problem would be fixed.

Hello, 

this is very good to know so we are expecting the fix so we can use the software normally. 

I’m having the same issue.  I bought the drive for the software but the fact that you can’t store directories from a Mac makes it totally useless.  Having to delete.  I’ve reformatted the drive and I’ll just use the Mac’s builtin FileVault since the person I’m giving this to has a Mac.

I’m having the same issue on the 64GB drive.  I bought the drive for the software but the fact that you can’t store directories from a Mac makes the software totally useless.  Having to delete.  

For what it is worth, the program also crashes if a subdirectory has the same name as the parent directory, leaving the whole database mangled.  Repair (properties>repair) seems to work, but I am not trusting any important data to this program so I haven’t bothered checking if repair really completely works.

I’ve reformatted the drive and I’ll just use the Mac’s builtin FileVault since the person I’m giving this to has a Mac.

Hello, 

at the end its good that you found out a better working alternative solution for you that works

I get “invalid file name” when a directory is moved into vault and must it ok to continue which takes too much time.  Please fix or tell us an app that fixes for SanDisk SecureAccess 3.0.

Stuart

Has anybody already found a solution to this issue? I just bought a Extreme Pro 256GB and have the same problems, no matter if I formated the USB with Ex-FAT or Mac OS Extended (journaled). This topic has been discussed for nearly 2 years now, can it be that no solution has been found so far?

The problem is that there is an invalid character in either the file name or in one of the folder / sub-folder names. The most common scenario is a slash in the file name for the date.

Here I will suggest don’t use slashes; use dashes instead.

If the file name does not have any invalid characters, check the path (the line of folders and subfolders) where you’re trying to save the file. For example,

Macintosh HD > (user name) > Documents > Projects/Scripts

is not a valid path because of the slash in the last folder name. Remove any non-alphanumeric characters from any folder or subfolders to which you want to save your script and you should not receive further error messages. Thanks