SanDiskSecureAccessV3_mac can not be installed on the Mac

Hello SanDisk-Community

I tried to install SanDisk on my MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012), Mac OS Sierra (Vers. 10.12.6)

procedure: plug in the SanDisk 3.0 into the USB

open Finder > Double click on  SanDiskSecureAccessV3_mac.pkg

>> open installer 

• Introduction : “You will be guided through the steps necessary to install this software.” >> click on “Continue”
  • Desitnation Select : “Select the disk where you want to install the SanDisk Secure Access v3.0 software” >> Macintosh HD (SanDisk v3.0 can’t be installed on this disk) or NO NAME >>> selction NO NAME >>> click on “Continue”
  • Installation Type : “This will take 30,6 MB of space on your computer. Click install to perform a standard Installation of this software on the disk “NO NAME””>> click on “Install”
  • Installation
  • Summary:  “The installation was sucessful. The software was installed” >> click on “Close”

open Finder > Double click on  SanDiskSecureAccessV3_mac.app

“This application only runs on a SanDisk flash drive”

But the application does run on the SanDisk flash drive!

it is not possible to run the App! 

Does somebody know what I didn’t recognice ot did wrong?

Thanks for any help

Michael

I am having the same dilemma as well. Anyone knows what to do? thanks!

I changed the “NO Name” of the SANDISK flash drive to a simple three letter name for the flash drive with no spaces and it worked for me. Since the Mac OS is a  Unix  variant I deceided to remove all spaces in the name. I got it working, so I did not try any other combinations. I hope this helps. 

Changing the disk name did not work for me. What did work was downloading the latest version of the app and installing that on my drive.

https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2399/~/sandisk-secureaccess-3.02-support-information-and-download-page

All works properly now.

1 Like

Changing the name worked for me. Make sure you don’t leave any spaces or punctuations in the sandisk drive name. It should be one word. Don’t do San disk. Do SanDisk or Sandisk. One word. It works. It will detect the drive for installation. Make sure the pkg is on your desktop.

Did exactly as you prescribed and unfortunately did not work on my iMac with Monterey update.