Invalid Parent Path in Archive

It is dec 2019. I got the same problem on my iXpand mini drive - invalid password when getting into vault on iPhone.
I search on internet n can’t find a solution.
Somehow I plug the drive into pc n same issue when accessing vault but the error is diff - invalid parent path in archive.
Search using this n find a hint to solve. ( thx jb12345 ).
In computer, open folder - iXpand n rename the file index.dat to indexdat ( remove “.” )
Then open the vault again n will ask to repair the index.
After some time ( depends on how many vaults ), it is done.
Can access back the vault using password - no error. But the secured data might not be recovered. It depends how u put the files / photo into the vault before.
If it is copied from iPhone to iXpand then secured , sorry can’t recover the correct index n can’t see the data.
If it is copied using usb from pc to iXpand drive, it is able to access back.
Also i can reproduce the error by exporting WhatsApp chat history n save into iXpand drive . This will ruin the index n cause the error. I guess when moving data into iXpand drive by other app inside iPhone , will cause the error.
Better use the iXpand app to copy photo , music … for data like WhatsApp chat history , I export to a certain place in iPhone, then copy it using app like FILES or FOLDERS into iXpand drive.