Invalid Parent Path in Archive

Try this, it worked for me, probably, until the next time it doesn’t…using version 3…maybe works with version 2?

Each time you do a “repair” it basically creates a new index.dat file. I found my index.dat file by following this rabbit hole: clicking the “SanDiskSecureAccess Vault” file with a vault icon -> scrolling to the bottom -> that’s where the index.dat lives (rather, repeatedly dies). I’ve had index.dat, indexdat (without the “dot” as mentioned elsewhere), index.dat (2), index.dat (3), etc etc. 

DELETE them all. That’s right, delete all of the index.dat files as you’d like to delete Sandisk (or others in bed together) from your life permanently for this annoying tactic to bridge you into the cloud and thereby make it easier for you to lose all data (and a fortune with monthly payments) to nefarious backroom deals regarding “security” and “privacy”. It’s scary, yes, be brave. At least you might learn a little. 

Do a final “repair”. It will make an index.dat file. Yaye. This time it seems to be linked and synced…until the next time it isn’t of course…or until it’s “no longer supported”, as if it was in the first place.

Tips: Don’t ever love a company, it’ll never love you back. Love people instead. Dogs are people too. Perhaps buy an alternative brand to SanDisk, and back up to them as well. Now you’ve got SanDisk, and some other brand, each with your data in case one is targeted. Keep your usb, ssd, etc in an electrostatic bag, then a ziplock, then a fireproof box (or buy a safe deposit box and keep data off-site but rely on, and pay, the bank). BestBuy gave me some free e-bags when they continually screwed the pooch. You can buy some. Don’t mess with the other files, they’re there “for your security, so that everything will be okay, and the situation is contained”. Just click the SanDiskSecureAccessV3_win, enter your password, and hope you aren’t dooped again. Mac people, no idea what your problems are, but they’re probably similar. 

Alternatively, don’t use Sandisk if their support isn’t up to par. Go and get some fresh air ; ) while we still have some…

By, for, of, 

Lab

P.S. (5 years after the original post, lol)