Have .DAT files, I have password, but NOTHING IN VAULT

I was handed a Cruzer Glide. A ~4 GB folder of encrypted filenames appears to be there.  In the root of the Cruzer, there are no .EXE files.  I downloaded SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win.exe from the Sandisk website.

I have attempted to run this from my local hard disk, and also to copy it to the root of the Cruzer and run from there. I input the password, the vault application opens, but it is completely empty.

1. My only theory is that this may have been a SecureAccess 1.0 and the vault has not been upgraded - is there a dowload link to the 1.0 software if it has been deleted from a Cruzer?

2. If that is not the case, what other options do I have to restore the files from the USB Drive to a new computer?

Still looking for answers.

You’ve built a fine product, and been a great help.  Thank you.

_ THE ABOVE MESSAGE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY: SARCASM!  YES, SARCASM, TRY IT OUT TODAY, IT’S THE MOST SATISFYING WAY TO SAY ANYTHING THAT NEEDS TO BE SAID TO PEOPLE WHO AREN’T LISTENING ANYWAY. _

Hello,

in that case it could be that the secure access crashed and you need to recover it or indeed the previous owner used the version 1 and upgraded it to version 2 of the software.

in both cases i would recommend to contact sandisk support to get the link to version 1 and the recovery steps for the software.

I have the same issue, has anyone been told if there is a way to rebuild the list?

I have the folder with the encrypted dat files, and am logged into V2, but there is nothing in the folder.

All I need is to make the app see the files in there, even if not by original filename.  I just want to be able to decrypt them, I don’t mind going through them 1 by one and renaming them if necessary.

I am in the same boat BaySailor… I just for the life of me can’t fathom how I can have the .dat files, know the password to decrypt them but can’t get the vault to recognize them… 

Surely the people that designed the program can’t be so dumb that they have no solution for this…however time consuming… I have unrecoverable data that I can’t access… Like life important stuff…