SanDisk SSD Toolkit Closes Immediately

[ Edited ]

I install SanDisk SSD Toolkit and when open it, it closes immediately. How can i see what's going wrong?

Thank you in advance.

SanDisk Guru

Re: SanDisk SSD Toolkit Closes Immediately

do you see any errors reported in event viewer?

No, i don't see any error.. I have Windows XP SP3, Intel Core 2 1.66GHz and the disk is SanDisk SDSSDP-064G-G25 64GB.

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

If there are no error in event viewer it does not give us much to go on. 

honestly the SSD toolkit that sandisk has out right now is a bit lack luster. All it does is pull basic drive info like SKU and serial number, show SMART info, and firmware updates. 

There is not currently a firmware update out for SDSSDP product line. Even if one comes out there will be manual update instructions posted here and you can use free tools like Crystal Disk info to show you SMART and basic drive info. 

My SSD has some issues.. I installed windows normally. But sometimes when i boot my laptop, it does not recognizes the disk. After a couple of reboots, it recognizes the disk and boots normally, with no problem till next reboot. I thought a firmware update would solve the problem. May my disk be faulty?

FYI, i tested on Win7 and Win8 and toolkit runs normally. There's no firmware update indeed. So, i assume there's incompatibility with my motherboard or my disk is faulty?

SanDisk Guru

More than likely compatibility issue with the SATA chipset. What kind of MB is it? Do similar issue occur with the drive connected to a different PC? 

It's a Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset. The laptop is the Sony VAIO VGN-N31Z model.

SanDisk Guru

What SSD do you have?

SanDisk SDSSDP-064G-G25 64GB