SSD update hangs

Got The SSD Extreme 240 31 May. Installed it, works just find, very fast start up.

Needed a firmware update. Runed the SSD toolkit, put it both on a USB memory and a CD.

Booted, strated up just fine, found the SSD. BUT, when i press enter, nothing happens. Tried both USB boot, and CD boot, same result. Got an ASUS 5Q Premium motherboard.

Any have a suggestion what could be wrong?

Re: SSD update hangs

Fixed it, was logitech wireles keyboard. Attached an USB keyboard with cable, and it worked just fine.

SanDisk User

I have the same problem, is there a fix for using a wireless keyboard with the USB stick update method?

SanDisk User

Well, I also was able to update the firmware with a wired keyboard. I had the USB receiver for the wireless mouse/keyboard combo plugged in and plugged in the PS/2 port keyboard and it worked fine. Just not with the wireless itself.

Maybe there could be some sort of notes for what may or may not allow the updates to work with the .iso update USB thumbdrive.

had same problem.  had to unplug hp wired usb keyboard and plug into port on front to get it to work.  Real cluggy.