SSD Toolkit hangs the entire OS, forced hard reboot required - issue at KeWaitForMultipleObjects

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I recently acquired a Sandisk Extreme 240GB SSD, and installed the SSD Toolkit app to check for updates. It froze and never worked, so I thought maybe something was wrong with my system, it had been very long since a fresh windows install. I was gonna do it anyway so I procceded.

After a fresh Windows7 install with all the drivers etc it worked fine, but few days after that it's doing the same:

The program completely freezes on startup before even showing the drives. At this point, ANY other program that requires some api calls to interact with the computer hard disks, like getting list of drives, drive info/space etc, ALL hang/freeze. This includes apps like SSDLife, image browsers, explorer, disk defragmenters, debuggers, DiskMark, DiskInfo, WD DataLife scan app, Truecrypt.. everything. The task can not be killed from task manager, it just doesn't work, neither in task manager nor in process explorer or any similar program.

The issue seems to lie on this call, which then also causes all other apps relying on it to freeze cause they never get a response, since the Sandisk app doesn't handle it properly.

In the end a hard reboot is required, since Windows won't reboot by itself either and stays forever at the logout screen because of this lock.

SanDisk Guru

Re: SSD Toolkit hangs the entire OS, forced hard reboot required - issue at KeWaitForMultipleObjects

Can you run system information and post your system specs?

Re: SSD Toolkit hangs the entire OS, forced hard reboot required - issue at KeWaitForMultipleObjects

Sure, what parts do you need?

SanDisk Guru

we need the hardware and OS specs

So no fix?

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

I'm still having this issue. Wrote to support long ago and they never even replied. Now I see there's a firmware update and I can't use it Smiley Sad

SanDisk Guru

you can use the manual fimrware download links stickied at the top of board for your ssd. 

Have you tried running it as Administrator?

This works for me in Windows 8 64 bit with Sandisk Extreme 480GB.

When I ran it not as Admin, it blue screened Windows!