forfatting a SSD 450plus

Hello.

I see the SSD disk in the dashboard, but it is all gray. That means not allocated. But how can I reach me SSd disk. It can not be seen in Explorer where I can only see my C drive. I use a USB HHD adapter  to connect to my computer. The SSD is not built in my PC. But how do I format this brand new SSD disk? Or is it defekt, som that I should return it to the shop. If I cannot see it on my computer it is worthless. I have not seen the word format in any of the help forums here.

I have also tried with an external Satabox, and still I cannot see my new SSD other than in the dashboard. Is there anywhere in the dashboard where I can format the new disk. I feel like an ■■■■■ to have bought this SSD. All other HDD has been formatted so that they are recognised by the PC. I think the SSD is defekt. The chat line is closed on saturday and sonday, so I cannot get an answer now. I hope somebody sees my question and replies

Hello,

I think the drive comes RAW from the factory and need to be Initialized and partitioned before it will show up in Explorer or SanDIsk dashboard. You can just go to Disk management and it should ask for Initializing it. Go ahead and choose MBR, Once Initialized, you can Right click and choose New Simple Volume. Assign a drive letter and there you go. The drive should now appear in Explorer. Let me know if that worked for you.

Thanks!!!

Hello,

The SSD comes RAW from the factory and need to be Initialized and partitioned before it will show up in Explorer or SanDIsk Dashboard. You can go to Disk management and it should ask for Initializing it. Go ahead and choose MBR. Once Initialized, you can right click and choose New Simple Volume. Assign a drive letter and there you go. The drive should now appear in Explorer. Let me know if that worked for you.

Thanks!!!