ScanDisk SSD plus fails to clone using Acronis true image 2020 update

my laptop Asus X407MA,  I bought the ssd drive and the SATA connector, downloaded the Acronis true image WD edition, connected it to the SSD and the usb port and started the cloning.  It stopped with the message that I needed the SSD drive installed in the computer (!) and advised upgrading to  the Acronis True Image 2020 for a payment of $29.  I did this, and the cloning appeared to complete successfully.  Then i installed the ssd drive and when i powered on, a message: Fixing disk errors, this may take over an hour to complete.   12 hours later (overnight actually) the laptop screen was blank and when turning on, i only see the ASUS logo, nothing else.   I removed the SSD drive and re installed the HDD.  Now i am not sure what to do  SanDisk say that the Acronis true image 2020 update is not supported. Very convenient given that the installer mandated it. Can anyone help ?

Follow these steps to clone using Acronis:

1. Run Acronis True Image and go to Tools -> Clone disk:
  2. Select the Automatic mode to have your old disk’s partitions automatically and proportionally resized to fit the new disk:
  3. Select your old hard disk as the source disk and click Next:
  4. Select the new hard disk as the destination disk and click Next:

I hope this helps!

Regards.

Ruskin | Admin

Apps4Rent