SMART Tests not completing - status code 27

Hi,

Just recived a replacement 480G SSD Plus drive yesterday but will not complete the long SMART test?

The one I sent back would complete both tests OK

Any help would be appriciated

Hello, 

if this is the replacement drive and still has an issue with it i would recommend contacting sandisk directly in order to invastigate the issue and check also the system where the drive is being used

here you can send them an email direclty

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/ask/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ3NDAwODY0MS9zaWQvLXhraG5MLW0%3D

OK thanks,

Hope I don’t have to wait for another repacement.

The issue I had with the old SSD sata  link  speed as been fixed on the new SSD

Thats good to know, thanks

1 Like

Hi,

I have not provided you with any information about this new drive!

Other people are experiencing  this problem, check your forums.

Not really happy your responce

On 18/09/2016 12:27, “SanDisk® Global Customer Care” wrote:

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 21 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
SMART Tests not completing - status code 27
Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (Sally H.) 09/18/2016 02:27 PM
Dear Mr. Chattaway,
I understand that you have not been able to complete the SMART extended test on your new Solid State Drive as you get a status code 27.
I would like to inform you that we have checked the provided information and your drive seems to be functioning as normal, if you do not observe any errors in usage you can use it with ease.
You can try connecting the SSD to another SATA/USB port and see if that helps in completing the SMART test.
As an alternative, you can use Crystal Disk Info to run a SMART report so you will be assured that your drive is healthy.
Please let us know should you require further assistance. We remain at your service.

Best regards,

Sally H.
SanDisk® Global Customer Care
Auto-Response 09/16/2016 11:50 AM
Dear Stephen,
Thank you for contacting SanDisk® Global Customer Care. You should receive an email response from a SanDisk® Global Customer Care Representative within 2 business days.
If you have not received the response within this time frame, please check your SPAM/Junk/Promotions folder for emails from SanDisk® Global Customer Care. Please also add our email address as a trusted sender.
You can also check your case history and updates via your "My SanDisk". http://kb.sandisk.com
Best Regards,
SanDisk® Global Customer Care
The following answers below might help you immediately. (Answers open in a separate window.)
Answer Link: SanDisk Retail Product Warranty
Answer Link: SSD Dashboard User Manual
Answer Link: Does the SanDisk SSD Dashboard support RAID configuration for Marvell controller?
Answer Link: How to receive text message notifications via SSD Dashboard
Answer Link: SSD Dashboard minimum system requirements
Answer Link: SanDisk SSD Dashboard Support Information
Customer By Web Form (Stephen Chattaway) 09/16/2016 11:50 AM
Hi,

Just recived a replacement 480G SSD Plus drive yesterday but will not complete the long SMART test?

The one I sent back would complete both tests OK - RMA for SSD Plus 240G [Incident:160818-000010]

Any help would be appriciated

Hello, 

i would say that something else might causing this smart status on the drive and since sandisk confirms that the drive is not faulty you will need to check what else is missing. 

maybe it is power related and they are right with the solution to try on another port?

Hi,

As I previously stated I have not given Sandisk any information, so customer services are assuming it’s OK.

It’s a bit bad that a brand new replacement SSD can’t run an extended self test through Sandisk’s own software :manembarrassed:

unfortunally I only have one port

Hello, 

it might be due to a hardware issue that the software cannot complete the test since the sata commands go from the software throught the cables to the port and ssd itself. so if one of these points have an issue, that might cause this error to appear. 

As prviously stated the SSD I sent back to Sandisk would complete both tests with no problem.

My hardware or image of my O/S has not changed since install the new SSD.

Hello, 

so in that case i would recommend providing all this information to sandisk so they can check with their engineers what could be the cause of the issue in that case. maybe the firmware of the drive is different now that caused this issue to appear

1 Like

My thoughts too, it has a newer firmware. I will try to get them to reset the warranty back to 3 years when they get back to me.

At least the SSD Sata link speed is OK now.(booted 16 times without a problem)

Thanks for your input & time

Hello, 

you are very welcome, so i hope that you will find a solution with sandisk direct so you can use the drive normally.