Fail to Re-boot

My laptop is HP Pavilion m7 1015dx Entertainment PC, purchased in Oct2012. I replaced the HDD with a Sandisk SSD Plus. I am able to load Win 7 on the disk. But upon starting, it says ’ no drive found '. Please Help…

Hello, 

in that case i would like to inform you that you first need to format the new ssd drive in order to be detected by the system. you can format the drive externally or internally with the following steps:

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8169/kw/partition

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8170/kw/partition

Hi…you missed the point…I could load Win7 from the installating disk…on to the Sandisk SSD…The System folder of 100mb was created and the Main partition was also created. The Loading process was started…During the installation process when the computer re-starts many times… the HDD does not get detected Immediately after restart.

Hello,

As I checked the specs of your PC, it seems to have SATA-II which the SSD is compatible with. I would require more info to find out the cause.

Do you see the SSD in bios?

How many drives are connected to the motherboard at one time?

Did you check the boot sequence to see if the SSD is the primary boot drive?

How did you install Win 7 on the SSD?

Thanks!!!

Hi…to answer your questions…

Do you see the SSD in bios?..Well in the BIOS , it shows as a Notebook Drive… No other options are available to change any Hard drive setting…In the self test for hard drive…it says Test 1 :  Hard drive testing failed…Test 2 : SMART test passed…

How many drives are connected to the motherboard at one time?..only One

Did you check the boot sequence to see if the SSD is the primary boot drive?.. I cannot select Primary or secondary…only option is CD Drive / Notebook drive / Network drive…etc

How did you install Win 7 on the SSD?..The usual way…First I disconnected the old HDD and connected the SSD…Started the computer and booted from DVD drive with the Installation disk…The Normal Win7 options came up and just selected the normal options and Windows was loaded ( 100% ). The computer shut down to complete Win7 installation when it started the Error showed up …No Boot Device is avalable…