SSD Dashboard 2.6 Won't Install

Sorry if this is a duplicate thread, as others seem to be having similar problems, but I can’t install the latest version of SSD Dashboard, either on Windows 8.1 32 bit or Windows 10 64 bit.

When I run the installer, nothing appears to happen, apart from constant activity being shown on the cursor.

When I checked the Task Manager, the setup was running, but could not be closed.

I looked in the Windows temporary folder to see if the setup had managed to download the full installer, as the setup file is only a stub.

I couldn’t believe my eyes, there were over a THOUSAND new folders there, all named uxxx.0 or uxxx.1, each one containing another identical copy of the setup stub file. The number of folders was growing and growing before my very eyes!

The only way I could stop this was to reboot the machine!

This was on Windows 10 64 bit.

I then tried on another machine running Windows 8.1 32 bit, and exactly the same thing happened!

What on earth is wrong here?

I’ve tried downloading the setup file from several other sources, and exactly the same thing happens with every copy.

Something must be seriously wrong with it!

Where can I get a full offline installer to try? I’ve looked and looked and can’t find one anywhere!

Thanks, Dave.

:smiley:

This was not seen before and turns out to be related to the location of the Windows temp folder.  There is a fix being tested now and should be available within the next couple of days.

Ah thanks, that would make sense as my Windows temp folder is in a customised location!

I will try again in a few days and hope the fix has been rolled out.

Will this be a new version number?

Cheers,

Dave.

I have the similiar problem. But after deleting SanDisk registy entries, everything works well… HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SanDisk

I have the similiar problem. But after deleting SanDisk registy entries, everything works well.

@yuanyasmine wrote:

I have the similiar problem. But after deleting SanDisk registy entries, everything works well… HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SanDisk

That’s not the problem on my system, as that key already doesn’t esist.

@ronw wrote:

This was not seen before and turns out to be related to the location of the Windows temp folder.  There is a fix being tested now and should be available within the next couple of days.

Still no good, just tried again and the installer is still just writing hundreds of folders into the Windows temp folder until I reboot, which is the only way of stopping it!

I do hope this is fixed very soon, as it’s a pretty serious bug in the installer IMO!

:cry:

I think I got the same issue. The installation just hang there and won’t proceed.
sandisk.png

Very possibly, although I’m not even seeing that window.

Look in your Windows temp folder (the quickest way is to put %TEMP% in the run box and press enter.)

If there are a huge number of folders in there all called uxxx.0 or uxxx.1, then you have trhe same problem as me!

1 Like

The new version of the Dashboard installer is available now or will be within one day.  It takes a while for updates to propagate.

1 Like

It still doesn’t work while using the dashboard setup.

1 Like

Justin,

Depending on the speed of the computer, it sometimes looks like the installer is hanging, but if you wait a while, it will eventually complete.  However, if you’ve waited several minutes and the progress bar hasn’t moved, please contact customer support to troubleshoot the issue.

RonW

1 Like

I got another error.

error.png

1 Like

I downloaded a new version, still an error.

2.png

Just to say FWIW that the update from 2.3.1 to 2.7.0 worked fine today from within 2.3.1.

The only thing I’ve noticed is that the panel on the right of the interface, which presumably should have pictures on it, is still just showing empty white boxes where the images should be. It was the same on 2.3.1.

Is that normal?

Cheers, Dave.

Can anybody help with this error, please?
Sandisk .jpg

I am having the same issues updating from 1.4.4 to 2.7.0. My temp folder is filled with u… files and the installer spins. I have Windows 10 release 2004 if that makes any difference.

All my system folders are in their default locations.

I found my problem. A carry over from old windows days. Had redefined a system variable and totally had forgot about it. I pointed the temp folder to c:\temp which had not been a problem prior to this.

Is there a solution to this problem? I have the same problem…