SSD Dasboard Crash

Hello,

I installed ssd but as soon as you open the Dashboard crashes, I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it did work ,I also tried to run it in administrator mode and compatibility mode but it did not work, is used ssd sandisk ultra plus 128GB

thanks for your attention

PS: running windows 7 64 bit

I am facing the same problem, but in my case my OS is Windows 8.1 x64

:cry:

I just noticed that an updated version of the Sandisk SSD Dashboard, 1.0.1 , got released. Does that solve your problem?

Same issue for me here, under WIndows 8.1 64 Bits…

No reply since March… :confounded:

@elros wrote:

No reply since March… :confounded:

What are you referring to when you say no reply since March? This application was just released 2 days ago. 

If the dashboard is crashing check event viewer and see if there are any logs related to the crash and post them here. 

I downloaded the new version but it crashes again, this is the two error log:

Applicazione: SanDiskSSDDashboard.exe
Versione framework: v4.0.30319
Descrizione: il processo è stato terminato a causa di un’eccezione non gestita.
Informazioni sull’eccezione: System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceException
Stack:
   in System.Resources.ManifestBasedResourceGroveler.HandleResourceStreamMissing(System.String)
   in System.Resources.ManifestBasedResourceGroveler.GrovelForResourceSet(System.Globalization.CultureInfo, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<System.String,System.Resources.ResourceSet>, Boolean, Boolean, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef)
   in System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(System.Globalization.CultureInfo, Boolean, Boolean, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef)
   in System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(System.Globalization.CultureInfo, Boolean, Boolean)
   in System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString(System.String, System.Globalization.CultureInfo)
   in System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString(System.String)
   in SanDiskSSDDashboard.CodeHelper.setNotifications()
   in SanDiskSSDDashboard.CodeHelper.updateDeviceInfoThread(Int32)
   in SanDiskSSDDashboard.CodeHelper+<>c__DisplayClass1.<updateDeviceInfo>b__0()
   in System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
   in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   in System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Nome dell’applicazione che ha generato l’errore: SanDiskSSDDashboard.exe, versione: 1.0.1.0, timestamp: 0x538e2f05
Nome del modulo che ha generato l’errore: KERNELBASE.dll, versione: 6.1.7601.18409, timestamp: 0x53159a86
Codice eccezione: 0xe0434352
Offset errore 0x0000c42d
ID processo che ha generato l’errore: 0x170
Ora di avvio dell’applicazione che ha generato l’errore: 0x01cf801f7443bc0c
Percorso dell’applicazione che ha generato l’errore: C:\Program Files (x86)\SanDisk\SSD Dashboard\SanDiskSSDDashboard.exe
Percorso del modulo che ha generato l’errore: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
ID segnalazione: b58571a3-ec12-11e3-9154-e0cb4e601825

Thank you for the feedback. There is an issue with the local languages (other then English) in the application. We are currently fixing the issue and will post an update as soon as possible. This version of the Dashboard should support only the English language. More languages will come later on. Thanks for your understanding.

I installed ssd dashboard in another PC without sandisk ssd, and ssd dasboard didn’t crash, same language of OS

Hi Lorenzo, Will you be willing to help debugging this issue?

I would like to know more about your system and how is your SSD connected to it (SATA, USB, etc…)

How is your SSD formated? number of partitions and volumes?

Is the SSD your system drive or secondary drive?

Would you be able to disconnect the SSD and try run the Dashboard application? Connect the SSD and refresh the application.

Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks

Hi Lorenzo,

Could you also install the previous version of the tool from the following link (uninstall Dashboard first):

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9328

And check the firmware version of your SSD Ultra Plus drive. We can try to reproduce this issue in our lab.

Thanks

Ssd toolkit works without problems :), firmware version: X2306RL

SSD connection: sata 3 Gb/s

SSD in formatted NTFS one volume, system drive

SSD is working in a notebook, Asus K52JR

Thanks Lorenzo, We’ll try to reproduce this issue here and I’ll get back to you soon.

Ok, thank you for the support :slight_smile:

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I experience the same crash.

Language: German

SSD: SanDisk Extreme II 240 GB @ SATA 6 Gbit/s, primary drive

Firmware: R1311

100 MB EFI partition, 128 MB MS partition, 229 GB data partition

The old SSD Toolkit runs without problems.

Windows event viewer log (.NET Runtime):

Anwendung: SanDiskSSDDashboard.exe Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319 Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund eines Ausnahmefehlers beendet. Ausnahmeinformationen: System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceException Stapel: bei System.Resources.ManifestBasedResourceGroveler.HandleResourceStreamMissing(System.String) bei System.Resources.ManifestBasedResourceGroveler.GrovelForResourceSet(System.Globalization.CultureInfo, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2\<System.String,System.Resources.ResourceSet\>, Boolean, Boolean, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef) bei System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(System.Globalization.CultureInfo, Boolean, Boolean, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef) bei System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(System.Globalization.CultureInfo, Boolean, Boolean) bei System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString(System.String, System.Globalization.CultureInfo) bei System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString(System.String) bei SanDiskSSDDashboard.CodeHelper.setNotifications() bei SanDiskSSDDashboard.CodeHelper.updateDeviceInfoThread(Int32) bei SanDiskSSDDashboard.CodeHelper+\<\>c\_\_DisplayClass1.\<updateDeviceInfo\>b\_\_0() bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart\_Context(System.Object) bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart() 

Windows event viewer log (Application Error):

SanDiskSSDDashboard.exe 1.0.1.0 538e2f05 KERNELBASE.dll 6.1.7601.18409 53159a86 e0434352 0000c42d 

I hope you can fix this soon :slight_smile: I can’t imagine that you have to support different languages… I run a lot of tools in English.

We have an updated version 1.0.2 that should fix the language issue.

You may download from:

http://downloads.sandisk.com/Dashboard/SanDiskSSDDashboardSetup.exe

Please let me know if you can run the app now. Thanks

version 1.0.2 is ok, not crashes, thank you for the support.

the only thing is performance chart, that seems not working, is displayed: “the performance chart temporally cannot retreive data. please rescan the drive and try again”, i rescanned but not work…

I can confirm this. It doesn’t crash (and looks very nice btw), but the performance chart doesn’t work.