SDSSDP128G drive not recognized by SanDisk SSD Dashboard

@Avenocturn,

I purchase three Ultra 3DSSD 512GB and installed them in a Lenovo Tthinkpad X61s, a  Lenovo Thinpad  X61 tablet and a HP Pavilion Slimline s1700n.  All three computers significantly improved in performance.  Only the Sandisk SSD Dashboard ver.  2.2.2.0 would not recognize the SSD in the HP.  Fortunately, I saw your thread , uninstalled ver 2.3.3.0 and installed ver 1.4.4.4.  The SSD is recognized in th 1.4.4.4 version.
Seems strange that Sandisk would not have the fix is latter versions of the software. Thanks for your post. 

@andrew124c41 wrote:

@avenocturno wrote:

Hi

I’ve installed my Win 7 OS in a SanDisk SDSSDA120G, the dashboard installed is the 2.3.2.4 version, & my ssd still unrecognized…

I wonder …why the software department of Western Digital work so hard to drop out their customers?

I cannot beleive this has been going on for all these years!

I have the same SSD that you have.  In fact, I have three of them installed on two PCs, my wife’s and mine. Just this past Friday I had to re-deploy a Windows 7 image because the OS had become corrupted.  I always sanatize and reformat before doing this.  I foolishly updated my Dashborad software and the drive was not recognized.  I called Tech Support and they said it was a known issue.  He emailed me a link to the prior software 2.3.2.0.  It did not work either.  By then Support was closed.  I found 2.3.1.0 and it too did not work.  I finally found 1.4.4.4 which works.  I don’t know the issue date for it but 2.3.1.0 was released in April, 2018.  Looking through the posts it appears they have been having a problem with recognition of older drives with new iterations of the Dashboard.  Considering the fact that Sandisk made the mistake of manufacturing the drives too well.  Companies make more profit when built in obselescence insures that a product’s life will end, hopefully soon, the sooner the better.  Unfortunately, SanDisk did a good job making these SSDs. I have been running mine hard since I installed them and as far as I can tell, from running continued tests, I have not lost a single NAND cell.  I wonder if they thought these would die more quickly.  In any case, they keep making new models and modify the dashboard and when they do, the older ones are not recognized.  So, the recommendation is to uninstall the current version of the Dashboard and then reinstall the older one.  Here is the link to Dashboard Version 1.4.4.4:

http://wddashboarddownloads.wdc.com/Dashboard/application/1444/SanDiskSSDDashboardSetup.exe