Query about S.M.A.R.T attributes and dashboard drive health being normal.

I am just trying to understand the attribute ‘Reasigned Block Count’ being 252% with a theshold of 5%.

Since the drive has a large power on hours 15179 and the Wear level is 99.

I am wondering exactly what to make of the RBC at 252% ? I am wondering how many blocks have be reasigned?

M.

No reply from sandisk and no reply here. I am now happy to take speculation. :slight_smile:

Am I missreading the stat? Drive health gets the green tick, so perhaps I have a misunderstanding of what the stat is trying to convery?

Should I ditch the drive?

Hi, we received your support inquiry, I have instructed my agents to collect some information from you so we can better understand ths situation, please expect an email from us later today.

@chushi wrote:

Hi, we received your support inquiry, I have instructed my agents to collect some information from you so we can better understand ths situation, please expect an email from us later today.

Ok, while I wait, is there a way to find out how many of the '‘reassigned block count’ in actual blocks have actually have been reassigned?

M.

Ok while I wait, can I ask what is the attribute ‘Reasigned Block Bount’ really means.

Is it blocks available to be reassigned? Held in researve?

Or something else?

M.

Ok while I wait, can I ask what is the attribute ‘Reasigned Block Count’ really means.

Is it blocks available to be reassigned? Held in researve?

Or something else?

M.

@cavarks wrote:

Ok while I wait, can I ask what ometv ios is the attribute ‘Reasigned Block Count’ really means.

Is it blocks available chatroulette ios to be reassigned? Held in researve?

Or something else?

M.

thanks my issue has been fixed.

Oracle ASM failure groups are created to ensure that files are not mirrored on the same storage server Walgreens Listens, enabling the system to tolerate the failure of a storage server. The number of failure groups equals the number of storage servers.