Installation of Dashboard 1.4.2 failed on Win10 64

I see there are two other messages about this, so here is the third. Please verify your dashboard setup file because it has an error! I Can’t install it. I get the message“Installation Failed. Please Try Again Later” without an error code or something. Reinstalling of version 1.4.1 has no problems. So please check your given update file of 1.4.2 because it has an error on many systems!

same here, german Win10 x64

workaround here:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-SSD-Dashboard/Windows-10-installation-error/td-p/350630

Please download version 1.4.2 again and let me know if it installs correctly.

Thanks

No joy install still fails

Still the same.

Please uninstall your current version and make sure the SanDisk folder under “Program Files” or “Program Files (x86)” is clean.

When installing version 1.4.2, make sure the file “SanDiskSSDDashboardServiceSetup.msi” is present in the SSD Dashboard folder and that looking at the properties, the digital signature is from SanDisk and valid. Somehow that disgital signature was incorrect with the previous installer. Please report any issues regarding this, for example if you see an invalid digital signature. Thanks  

There is no possibility, to get the ““SanDiskSSDDashboardServiceSetup.msi”” in my program folder. When I installed it the first time, it was there. But after deinstalling the first time, I get never agin this file.

The only way that worked for me is the method of @paulyates  :

@paulyates wrote:

So, I finally got mine working after numerous failed attempts. Here’s exactly what I did…

• Download dashboard 1.4.1 from Major geeks and install.
  • Close dashboard (from system tray too),
  • Use control panel - Programs and Features to remove version 1.4.1.
  • Install 1.4.2

No other actions between these steps (IE No need to reboot etc).

I can only assume that the 1.4.2 upgrade does not remove everything it should when it deinstalls 1.4.1

"paulyates wrote:

So, I finally got mine working after numerous failed attempts. Here’s exactly what I did…

• Download dashboard 1.4.1 from Major geeks and install.
  • Close dashboard (from system tray too),
  • Use control panel - Programs and Features to remove version 1.4.1.
  • Install 1.4.2

No other actions between these steps (IE No need to reboot etc).

I can only assume that the 1.4.2 upgrade does not remove everything it should when it deinstalls 1.4.1"

I can’t deinstall  1.4.1 - When I try to remove v1.4.1 it installs 1.4.2 with the known eror message.

1 Like

I did everything in such sequence. Everything works perfectly. Thanks.

Hi.

I´ve tried to search for 1.4.1 installer but it´s no longer available in any site. 

In this way I cannot install 1.4.1 to uninstall it and then install 1.4.2

I believe your recomendation will really work but I don´t have the 1.4.1 instalation file. 

Any tip or link to download it? 

Google could not find it :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Alexsandro

1 Like

Finally found 1.4.1 version to download. If somebody else is missing, it can be downloaded from http://www.chip.de/downloads/SanDisk-SSD-Dashboard_83057942.html. But it’s wrapped by chip in their installer and can’t tell how long will be there, so unwrapped version is on http://ulozto.cz/xGyZ9Ftc/sandiskssddashboardsetup-1-4-1-exe

Any feedback here…!& What about its service!can u plz explain!!!