Error installing Dashboard 2.5.1.0 Windows 10 1903 / Z400s

Getting an error at the end of the install process for Dashboard vers. 2.5.1.0 - “The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)”; Windows 10 1903 on a Dell Inspiron 13-7359 with a Z400s 256GB.  The process creates a Sandisk folder in C:\Program Files (x86) - 231MB in 478 files and 22 folders, but doesn’t create an entry in the Programs menu. Tried running the installer “As Administrator”, no difference.  Trying to run SanDiskSSDDashboard.exe from the folder created by the installer results in error “The SSD Dashboard application was not installed correctly”.  Need Dashboard to update firmware.  Any ideas?

create an entry in the Programs menu. Tried running the installer “As Administrator”, no difference.  Trying to run SanDiskSSDDashboard.exe from the folder created by the installer results in error “The SSD Dashboard application was not installed correctly”.  Need Dashboard to update firmware.  Any ideas?

@marvalsys wrote:

Getting an error at the end of the install process for Dashboard vers. 2.5.1.0 - “The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)”; Windows 10 1903 on a Dell Inspiron 13-7359 with a Z400s 256GB.  The process creates a Sandisk folder in C:\Program Files (x86) audacity temp mail origin - 231MB in 478 files and 22 folders, but doesn’t create an entry in the Programs menu. Tried running the installer “As Administrator”, no difference.  Trying to run SanDiskSSDDashboard.exe from the folder created by the installer results in error “The SSD Dashboard application was not installed correctly”.  Need Dashboard to update firmware.  Any ideas?

The SSD Dashboard application was not installed correctly".  Need Dashboard to update firmware.

Hi there. I registered to the forums to tell you what worked for me. I had the same HRESULT failure mentioned above.

In Windows 10, you have built in Virus and Threat Protection. Part of this defense includes Controlled Folder Access, which is located underneath the category of Ransomware. 

If you go to your Security Center , and Click on the Virus & Threat Protection. In here are the Ransomware Protection settings. Click on Manage Ransomware Protection , and then you can see Controlled Folder Access.

You can do a few things, but each one sort of does the same thing. You can view Block History to see what apps have been blocked, and then allow access for each block that pertains to the SandiskDashboard installer, which will “punch Holes” in your protection, but it is explicit to each application (the .exe file for the Dashboard installer, as an example), so there should be little concern. Similarly, you can click Allow an app through Controlled folder access, whereby you’d point it to your downloaded file (SanDiskSSDDashboardSetup.exe), and Allow it to do what it needs to in order to be installed. A third option would be to just turn off Controlled File Access, and then run the installer, then turn it back on.

This can all be done for a one time installation, but keep in mind that this name for this installer is not version-specific, so that if you were to be really paranoid and remove these exclusions for safety’s sake, you may have to redo these things when you are trying to update it in the future. 

make a section in the Programs menu. Taken a stab at running the installer “As Administrator”, no distinction. Attempting to run SanDiskSSDDashboard.exe from the organizer made by the installer brings about blunder “The SSD Dashboard application was not introduced effectively”. Need Dashboard to refresh firmware. Any thoughts?

Mybkexperience

@r32rocco wrote:

Hi there. I registered to the forums to tell you what worked for me. I had the same HRESULT failure mentioned above.

In Windows 10, you have built in Virus and Threat Protection. Part of this defense includes Controlled Folder Access, which is located underneath the category of Ransomware. 

If you go to your Security Center , and Click on the Virus & Threat Protection. In here are the Ransomware Protection settings. Click on Manage Ransomware Protection , and then you can see Controlled Folder Access.

You can do a few things, but each one sort of does the same thing. You can view Block History to see what apps have been blocked, and then allow access for each block that pertains to the SandiskDashboard installer, which will “punch Holes” in your protection, but it is explicit to each application (the .exe file for the Dashboard installer, as an example), so there should be little concern. Similarly, you can click Allow an app through Controlled folder access, whereby you’d point it to your downloaded file (SanDiskSSDDashboardSetup.exe), and Allow it to do what it needs to in order to be installed. A third option would be to just turn off Controlled File Access, and then run the installer, then turn it back on.

This can all be done for a one time installation, but keep in mind that this name for this installer is not version-specific, so that if you were to be really paranoid and remove these exclusions for safety’s sake, you may have to redo these things when you are trying to update it in the future. 

oki will keep everything in mind thank you for explaination 

@r32rocco wrote:

Hi there. I registered to the forums to tell you what myprepaidcenter card worked for me. I had the same HRESULT failure mentioned above.

oki will keep everything in mind thank you for explaination