Where is serial number

rand new extreme portable ssd.  There is no serial number on the unit.  Is it one of the numbers on the box?

1 Like

it is on the back below the certification logos maked by S/N

3 Likes

Select your product type below for information on how to retrieve the serial number or SNID code of your system. If you have a Windows product that will power on, you can use the Acer System Information tool to retrieve the serial number or SNID.

Laptops

Desktops

Tablets

Monitors

Smartphones

Projectors

Mixed Reality-Headsets

It begins with the letters “MB” and ends with 9 numbers and is located in the lower left of the bottom of the system. In the example below, the serial number is in the blue box and is MBXXXXXXXXX. Model number: The model number is located in two places on the bottom of the back, near the bar codes.

It;s on the back of the product, on the button, but the characters are so blur, hard to read(don’t know maybe they did it on purpose. :sunglasses:)

I just bought on from costco on 12/3 and the serial is blurred out. WTH?

1 Like

I’m the guy who posted my serial number above (2020/4/5), I check it again today, it’s completely gone.
They really did it on purpose.:rofl:

2 Likes

Same

Try using your phone’s macro lens at different angles. I wasn’t able to see any sign of a serial number with my naked eye. Using my phone I was able to get a clear readable picture of my serial number.

Thank you. I got it now

A way to read the number is to use ultraviolet light. Compare both picture: with regular light you can’t see anything. with you uv light you see all numbers and the matrix code quite clear.