SanDisk Extreme Pro SSD compatibility issues with Intel controllers

FWIW, I’m _ no** t**_ getting any Program Fail or Reassigned Sectors on my 240GB EX Pro, used with a Z87 chipset board and IRST 13.2 driver. UECC count remains at zero.

OP, are you just looking at the SMART data shown in the SSD Dashboard software without running the short or extended test, or have you run either test? Just curious.

SSD enthusiasts commonly use the IRST driver with their SSDs, I certainly do. SanDisk EX IIs and Pros, and other high end SSDs like the 840 Pro (which I also use) are used with IRST drivers all the time, that is all I use on all my PCs, in RAID mode. But none of them are T440s.

The Intel eight series chipsets and IRST 12 and 13 drivers may support a new feature called Dynamic Storage Accelerator (DSA), which also must be supported by the processor used in the PC. DSA is a power saving and performance option feature, that has a corresponding UEFI/BIOS option, to enable or disable. The mobile HM87 and QM87 chipsets support DSA, the HM86 does not. If the DSA option is not in the UEFI/BIOS, it could be enabled or disabled behind the scenes. Running the IRST Windows GUI will reveal if DSA is enabled. Link power management is also enabled by default.

I have multiple EX Pros and EX IIs used with Intel 8 and 9 series chipset boards, using IRST 13.2 drivers, and am not seeing the issues you are. I’m also using Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 TP, but again all on desktop PCs, Z87 and Z97 chipsets.