Firmware update X21200RL released for SanDisk Extreme Pro SSD

Hello! And what changes in X21100RL?  Nothing to compare with.

I get “This operation failed with error code: 10” when I try to update.

What should I do?

@steffenrasm wrote:

I get “This operation failed with error code: 10” when I try to update.

What should I do?

are you using the in windows update or are you creating a bootable USB or CD? If you are getting the error in windows update click more options below the FW update message and create a bootable USB drive and see if you can use that to update the FW.  

@jolobv wrote:

Hello! And what changes in X21100RL?  Nothing to compare with.

X21100RL was the original shipping FW. SanDisk does not have release notes for the original shipping FW. 

I have this drive with firmware x21000RL. The original firmware for SanDisk Extreme Pro SSD is x21000RL.

And I want to know what has changed in the firmware x21100RL.

Where can I down load X2100rl?

I have installed SSD Dashboard 1.3

I hope the update fixes the trouble I am having with the drive.

It loses Microsoft Boot Manager each time I remove the Plug in drive cage from my computer… Yes… it is powered down when I do it.

according to the post X21200RL is currently only available via the SSD dashboard. If you have the dashboard installed go to the Tools > Firmware update tab and you can install it there or create a bootable USB drive and update the FW using that. 

In the new firmware i get Error: 0x80070057 at win 8.1 setup program “unable to format partition”.

(Previous actions, erasing disc using sandisk ss dashboard bootable media).

Laptop: Acer M5-581TG

hi,

is this in response to the compatibility issue with intel controllers?

I am having problems upgrading my firmware.

I have three SanDisk Extreme Pro 480 GB SSD’s (two in a RAID 0 and one as a boot drive) and use an ASUS X99 Deluxe MB.

I have upgraded my SanDisk Dashboard to 1.3.0.

The top of the dashboard has a yellow exclamation point next to my firmware verion (X21100RL) and says “New version available”

When I click on the “Firmware Update” tab, the window says “The firware is up-to-date”.

When I click on “Check for Updates” the dashboard pops up a new dialogue and shows a progress bar while it checks for updates and then says “There is new firware available for this drive.”  When I click “Ok” on that dialogue it brings me back to the main dashboard dialogue which still says “New version available” at the top and “The firware is up-to-date” in the “Firmware Update” window.

While there appears to be a new firmware available (X21200RL), the Dashboard seems confused claiming there is new firmware available but mine is up to date.  How do I fix this?  Is there anywhere the firmware can be downloaded separately so that I can manually install it?

Thanks

Hi,

Are you going to provide a way to upgrade the firmware from Linux?

Could I get more info on that? Is it supposed to fix the issue that I reported to Sandisk? ref. n. 141105-000501

Thanks

I have the same problem as another user!  I have two drives in Raid O Array for boot drive and the dashboard says firmware available, but no way to download it or create boot disk!!

The options are unavailable.  (New firmware available, but firmware is up to date.)  Also how did we go from 21000RL to 21200RL?

Just a note.

The Dashboard ■■■■■, and why is there not an option to do a manual download and update??

Talked to tech support supposedly an Iso file will be available at some point?  Also the guy says boot into in alternative AHCI mode to update the drive. (When will the firmware be available, week, month, 6 months, year???)

So should I un-install my operating system from the boot drive and re-install to a single drive to install dashboard and update the firmware,  “ridiculous!!!”

Nice support from this company.  Here is a thought how about having software that works or provide the proper updates!!!

I ran into a similar issue updating my SSD. I chose not to shut down after the update and later restarted the computer. I had the same problem. It showed there was an update available but when i checked it said the FW was up to date. It seems the FW update does not take affect after a restart and a full system shut down is required. Have you tried doing a full system shut down then turn the computer back on? 

Not sure if the RAID thing is the issue but as a side note you would not have to uninstall or change your OS to use AHCI is you have the FW udpdate tool  on a USB drive. Since you would be booting into the USB changing the SATA mode should have no affect if you change it back to what it was before before trying to boot back into your RAID. 

Thanks for the ideas, drlucky.  I reboot quite often and still have the same issues I mentioned before.  I tried again just now to make sure.  

I’m still on X21100RL and trying to upgrade to X21200RL but there appear to be no means to do so given the bugs in the software… and unfortunately I am experiencing issues that it seems this firmware is designed to fix.  I also just noticed that the dashboard isn’t recognizing my SanDisk boot SSD at all; just my two RAID 0 drives as “SanDisk Extreme Pro Solid State Drive (RAID)” in the “Select drive” drop down.  So the Dashboard software does appear quite buggy.

I have found no access to manually download the driver and there have been no responses to my post, so I assume it just isn’t possible or support is poor and they are not responding.  Either way I’m not sure if there is any solution to the bugs or the inability to upgrade.

I recently moved to this SanDisk Extreme Pro setup after the favorable performance tests but I wish I had stuck to the Samsung drives I had previously used.  I never had issues with upgrades (had the same setup with 3 older Samsung SSDs) and the support was good.  Since we don’t seem to get any support here, ironically on the support site, I suppose I just live with the issues or swap out to Samsung drives… pretty expensive loss to take but live-and-learn, and educate others.

Thanks again for the efforts to help, though!

I have got same problem as discribe in first post jlsan 

Windows 2012R2

Current FV X211T0RL
Extreme Pro 960GB 

I am posted support issue 5 minuts ago.  [Incident:150209-001337]

I’ll wait 2 business days for answer

@jlsan wrote:

Thanks for the ideas, drlucky.  I reboot quite often and still have the same issues I mentioned before.  I tried again just now to make sure.  

Rebooting does not fully power down the SATA bus and the FW udpate does not take affect until the drive is fully powered down. Have you tried a full system shut down then power the machine back on?

jlsan wrote:

I’m still on X21100RL and trying to upgrade to X21200RL but there appear to be no means to do so given the bugs in the software… and unfortunately I am experiencing issues that it seems this firmware is designed to fix.  I also just noticed that the dashboard isn’t recognizing my SanDisk boot SSD at all; just my two RAID 0 drives as “SanDisk Extreme Pro Solid State Drive (RAID)” in the “Select drive” drop down.  So the Dashboard software does appear quite buggy.

From what I understand RAID is not yet supported in the dashbaord but IIRC it is on the roadmap. 

Still patiently waiting on the firmware update for Linux… you released the Windows update a few weeks ago…

I’m waiting for a Linux firmware update method as well. 

OP updated with FW upgrade ISO download links.

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

@slotmonsta wrote:

OP updated with FW upgrade ISO download links.

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

Thanks, please provide a download link and sha1sum/sha256sum on your website over https in the future.