Extremely poor performance when booting from Sandisk M.2 PCIe SSD - fine when booting from HDD

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum but I can’t find my product in the list of available forums.  In fact, I can’t find it anywhere on the Sandisk site.

I have a Sandisk A110 M.2 PCIe SSD in my HP zBook 17 g2 laptop. When I boot from that drive I get extremely poor DPC latency (>6000 us). As a result, the laptop cannot be used for digital audio work (the reason I bought it) when running from the Sandisk A110.

The exact same laptop with exactly the same OS and exactly the same drivers has fine DPC latency (50 - 100 us) when running from an internal Toshiba HDD. The Sandisk A110 is present and functional when booting from the HDD, it just is not running the OS.

So the problem clearly lies with running the OS from the A110 drive. I have tried both Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 with every type of driver I can find. I’ve also enabled/disabled everything I can and there is no effect on the DPC latency.

HP sent a replacement drive and the problem remains. However, the replacement drive is exactly the same firmware (A200806) and hardware (Rev D), so I would not have expected a difference.

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this problem?

Alternatively, can anyone confirm reasonable DPC latency (<200 us) when booting from an A110?

Thanks,

rgames

This is a retail products forum. The product you have is OEM only. For all support related questions please refer to the OEM where you purchased the product. 

Hi,

same problem

do you have new’s please ?

thks

if you have the same product the OP has it is OEM only so you would need to contact the host manufacturer. 

While this subject can be very touchy for most people,
 url=[http://www.cgs.com.pk/]Audit and Assurance Services[/url]
my opinion is that there has to be a middle or common ground that we all can find.url=[http://www.zahidjamilco.com/]Chartered accountant firms in Faisalabad[/url]
I do appreciate that youve added relevant and intelligent commentary here though. Thank you!