6 month old SSD extreme pro with increasing bad sectors

Bought 480gb SSD extreme pro about 6 months ago, noted a corrupted OS just recently, and had 8 bad sectors, reinstalled via image, more corruption after a while, now 24 bad sectors, gave up, bought a crucial mx200 which works fine.

According to Sandisk software the drive is still ok, ie some bad sectors are “OK”, but after 2 installs corrupted, it isnt going back in my computer, im donating it to a forum for testing and let them finish it off.

I have 7 other SSDs in various builds all have zero bad sectors, all 100% health according to HD sentinel, except my newest drive the samsung extreme pro at 76% health, but not rma able according to both sandisk and sentinel.   Im kind of azy to bother anyways, unless I get something doa or pissed about something.  here is pic of sentinel on my drives.

http://s21.postimg.org/ex5juvczb/sandiskfail.jpg

But anyone else have bad sectors…just didnt think it was that common on ssds?  first time I have seen that issue.  Was considering samsung, but they are having issues with evo.

I prefer speed, but only if I dont suffer in reliability. So curious how common? 

For reference:

If I see a HDD or SSD with bad sectors I throw it out or seek refund/replacement.

Yes, I had a brand new SanDisk Ultra II with bad sectors, SanDisk replaced the drive and all is well.

The bottom line is the drive would not format under Windows 7 (untick the quick format box to format and erase).

Quick Format will often create a new file table and give you the false impression that the disk is OK.

Format creates a new file table on a disk and fully erases any existing data on the disk.

It is when trying to erase the disk that errors will show up and the disk will not format.

Another way is to go to the command line and when trying to erase the entire disk it may report an error, in my case it reported a semaphore error.

Also check the Win7 system log in the Control Panel for Disk errors.

Bottom line, if you cannot Format and erase the drive, it is unusable.