Using wifi streaming and USB transfer simultaneously

Hello

I want to write files to this wireless stick from a PC connected via USB and at same time wireless stick is streaming another file to some other device.  Is this use case scenario possible in this product ?

Thanks

Hello,

Yes this feature for now is possible when you connect the wireless tick to the pc via usb and then use a ios device to access it wirelessly and access the files with the app. Unfortunatelly it is not working while plugged on the usb port with an android device.

No this is not actually possible. MSC access (USB connected to PC) and wireless access to the storage cannot be simultaneously accessed. If the drive is connected via MSC you will not be able to stream wirelessly from the Wireless stick. 

Hello, what about the opposite of this scenario? I have a projector and would like to watch movies from the projector using the stick via USB and also write to the stick via wifi. Is this possible?

no, you cannot access via USB and wireless at the same time. 

Hi Patacee,

Have you found any solution to this problem? I’m trying to solve the problem of displaying an image (or video) on a TV through the built in usb media player and have it connected to wifi and mapped as a network drive for easy file transfer.

There is seriously nothing on the market for this!!!

This is extremely disappointing. To be able to use USB and wireless at the same time is the reason why I bought this device. Truly disappointing.

Disappointing indeed… exactly the reason I bought this product, I need to access the contents while it is plugged into another device. Would be a solution for the entire company. Technically I can’t think of anything why both types of access shouldn’t be possible at the same time. We already know the product can do both, why force the switch?

it is a limitation of the controller used in the drive. it does not support wifi and MSC simultaneously access to the memory. 

I don’t know much about this. You may refer wifi guide. It might be helpful to you.

Hi
I am interested on a device that support wifi and MSC simultaneously
I read this topic of 2019
Now we are in 2021, does a device exist with these feautures?
thanks

I have exactly the same question. Truly disappointed in buying the Sandisk Connect wireless and realizing it does not support wifi and USB at the same time.
Are there any products on the market now in 2021 that supports this feature. I want to set up a small network share with data collected by my heatpump “log to usb” feature.
Thanks

Hi all, I’d also like to know whether this is avaliable - if there’s a firmware update or something that makes this possible? It would be very nice to be able to write over the network to the stick whilst leaving it connected to a “non-smart” or non-wifi device such as a photo frame, projector, or TV. Currently the only way I can think of doing it is to turn the device power off and then start sending the data after the stick connects to wifi, but it’s a bit of a hack. If you wanted to automate it, you could perhaps use a smart-home plug-socket type thing, but it’s a bit of a hack, like I say.

Jan 2022, i was not able to find other device for this problem.
Here is SOLUTION for SanDisk SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick. You need smart relay with dry contact and USB-A to USB-A Female.
Carefully open USB cable in middle and find red cable(+power) and put it to your dry contact relay.
I used Shelly 1 wifi relay, cheap and easy to use.

Few hours later, i found much better solution.

Sonoff Micro + SanDisk SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick

P.S.
You need to modify Sonoff Micro to make it work with data signals. In stock it’s just doing power.

Hi Klim, that sounds great, thank you for your information. I have also SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick, and it would be very helpful for me to use the wireless connection at the same time with USB communication, but I am beginner, so can I ask you for more details?
You wrote, we need modify Sonoff Micro for data signal … how can I do it? Please can you write me some instruction for this change. And how will it then work? I will connect this stick in USB of PC and then with laptop via WIFI (that´s my goal) and then I will be able read and write the date´s from both PC´s at the same time … it will be so function? Thank you in advance for your help.