Use of Stick for music playback on iPhone using an equalizer app

I am considering the purchase of a Sandisk Wireless Stick to hold my AIFF music files for my iPhone SE.

My 'buds are Shure 425’s which IMHO need equalization for playback on the phone to realize their potential.

I use the EQ10 app to equalize and control music playback on my phone.

Apparently you access the files on the Wireless Stick by using Sandisk’s Connect app. Tutorials say you can direct the Connect App to open a file in an iOS app of your chosing, rather than using the Connect App’s file folder interface. I would ask the Connect App to open the music file in the EQ10 app for playback.

I don’t want to equalize the files, I want to equalize the file playback.

Has anyone used a Sandisk Wireless Stick as flash drive storage for their music on an iPhone or iPad, and been able to use an equalization app to open the desired music file?

Throwing myself on the mercy of the forum as I’ve been unable to find an answer from a variety of sources.

Would be nice to know before I drop the dough!

Thanks!

using open in requires the file to be downloaded to the phone. 

drlucky: thanks for the response.

So to use the Open In function to listen to music it would be a two step process: download the file I want to listen to Stick to phone, then play it back by opening it in EQ 10, my music player/equalizer app?

If I don’t use the Sandisk Connect app, is there some way for my phone to show me and give me access to the folder/files on the Stick?

If I decide to go the iXpand route instead, as when using a flash drive on a laptop or desktop, can I see and access the folder/file structure of the iXpand on the iOS device without using the iXpand Drive app? Or is the app and download step necessary with this device as well?

If I should decide to use the Connect app with the Stick, does the Connect App use the built in music player of the iPhone (but not its interface)? The music player on the iPhone has a primitive EQ with non-customizable presets.

If I should decide to use iXpand Drive on the phone, does the iXpand Drive app utilize the built in music player of the iPhone (but not its interface)?

Thanks in advance to drlucky and any other responders. I haven’t seen either device in action in person, or found videos of theses Sandisk devices being used as music storage and playback. Definitely newb questions…:dizzy_face:

So to use the Open In function to listen to music it would be a two step process: download the file I want to listen to Stick to phone, then play it back by opening it in EQ 10, my music player/equalizer app?

If I don’t use the Sandisk Connect app, is there some way for my phone to show me and give me access to the folder/files on the Stick?

Correct

If I decide to go the iXpand route instead, as when using a flash drive on a laptop or desktop, can I see and access the folder/file structure of the iXpand on the iOS device without using the iXpand Drive app? Or is the app and download step necessary with this device as well?

The iXpand drive app must be used. 

If I should decide to use the Connect app with the Stick, does the Connect App use the built in music player of the iPhone (but not its interface)? The music player on the iPhone has a primitive EQ with non-customizable presets.

The music player is in the connect app. It uses the codec library of the iOS device but the music player is the apps music player not the native music player. 

If I should decide to use iXpand Drive on the phone, does the iXpand Drive app utilize the built in music player of the iPhone (but not its interface)?

The music player is in the ixpand drive app. It uses the codec library of the iOS device but the music player is the apps music player not the native music player. 

Thanks in advance to drlucky and any other responders. I haven’t seen either device in action in person, or found videos of theses Sandisk devices being used as music storage and playback. Definitely newb questions… Smiley Surprised

1 Like

drlucky, your answers have been a great help.

I’m going for the bonus round.

Would you or any others care to weigh in regarding the quality of sound from either the iXpand app, or, the Connect app?

I know this can be subjective…is there a noticeable difference in sound quality going from the phone’s music player to either of the external storage devices iOS app?

i cant tell the difference but i worked on a flight deck for 3 years so my hearing is probably not the best. 

@rabco76 wrote:

drlucky, your answers have been a great help.

I’m going for the bonus round.

Would you or any others care to weigh in regarding the quality of sound from either the iXpand app, or, the Connect app?

I know this can be subjective…is there myprepaidcenter a noticeable difference in sound quality going from the phone’s music player to either of the external storage devices iOS app?